The Student Room Group

Which university is better for computer science? Loughborough or King's College

Hi all,
I was given an unconditional offer from Loughborough for computer science not too long ago... but I have still to do some exams to straighten my grades. Say hypothetically, I got higher grades in A level than i already currently do: ABC -> AAB. Would it be more beneficial for me to go to a university like King's college? I mean I considered going for UCL but i don't think they would take me through adjustment- not being pessismistic ... just realistic.
So I was wondering, which university would be better for me to go to regarding employer reputation and student satisfaction and all. This is regarding the fact that i would like to take a year in industry and my main line of interest is in user interface development or system architecture.

Thank you for your time :biggrin:
Original post by tatani.j
Hi all,
I was given an unconditional offer from Loughborough for computer science not too long ago... but I have still to do some exams to straighten my grades. Say hypothetically, I got higher grades in A level than i already currently do: ABC -> AAB. Would it be more beneficial for me to go to a university like King's college? I mean I considered going for UCL but i don't think they would take me through adjustment- not being pessismistic ... just realistic.
So I was wondering, which university would be better for me to go to regarding employer reputation and student satisfaction and all. This is regarding the fact that i would like to take a year in industry and my main line of interest is in user interface development or system architecture.

Thank you for your time :biggrin:

Kings is miles better and also in London.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

hehe :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Princepieman

Posted from TSR Mobile

How so? I mean I get it's in London which is a prime location but I don't know much else as to why?
King's College London. Better reputation, stronger department, better career prospects and better course (imo).

Cons: My ass is more aesthetic than the Strand Campus. Lack of student community feel.

Go to Loughborough if you are a sport fanatic or if you prefer a campus university.
Reply 5
Original post by Broscientist
King's College London. Better reputation, stronger department, better career prospects and better course (imo).

Cons: My ass is more aesthetic than the Strand Campus. Lack of student community feel.

Go to Loughborough if you are a sport fanatic or if you prefer a campus university.

Phew... I haven't actually visited either but plan on visiting Loughborough on an open day. The campus comment does worry me. I wouldn't want to go to a school where there is no student community as I will become unmotivated. Maybe I should try harder for UCL.

I noticed KCL doesn't really have an AI course. Which I found would be interesting especially as I like the idea of working with AR and using AI to assist that. Is the KCL programme better structured in general in your opinion than Loughborough's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tatani.j
Phew... I haven't actually visited either but plan on visiting Loughborough on an open day. The campus comment does worry me. I wouldn't want to go to a school where there is no student community as I will become unmotivated. Maybe I should try harder for UCL.

I noticed KCL doesn't really have an AI course. Which I found would be interesting especially as I like the idea of working with AR and using AI to assist that. Is the KCL programme better structured in general in your opinion than Loughborough's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

KCL's AI course is named a little bit differently:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/computer-science-with-intelligent-systems

I do think KCL's course is better, yes. Make sure you visit the universities. You will be spending 3 years of your life there.
Reply 7
Original post by Broscientist
KCL's AI course is named a little bit differently:
http://www.kcl.ac.uk/prospectus/undergraduate/computer-science-with-intelligent-systems

I do think KCL's course is better, yes. Make sure you visit the universities. You will be spending 3 years of your life there.

Oooh thanks! Yeah I will try to visit both but they seem to have visit days on the same day and on days I would be working :frown:...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending