The Student Room Group

AQA History HIS3L Germany From Defeat To Unity

Does anyone doing this exam have any ideas about what topic will come up ?
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Chappers18
Does anyone doing this exam have any ideas about what topic will come up ?

hi chappers? did you the first q if so what was your layout?
Reply 3
Hey, I did this exam today. Answered questions 2 and 3. Thought the choice of questions was a little bit limited though.

What other questions did you all do?
Original post by Lydiaja
Hey, I did this exam today. Answered questions 2 and 3. Thought the choice of questions was a little bit limited though.

What other questions did you all do?

hi im freaking out would you be able to tell me what you would have done for the first question if you wrote it? so it was something about loyalty about building wall i cant remember the exact wording. i did, yes and no reasons for loyalty from that 49-61 period eg not loyalty because of 2.5 million migrate from 49-61, the stasi founded in 50 showed the gov didnt trust population made them conform out of fear so not loyal. and then reasons they mite be loyal like some good ulbricht financial stuff
Reply 5
Original post by Letimus97
hi im freaking out would you be able to tell me what you would have done for the first question if you wrote it? so it was something about loyalty about building wall i cant remember the exact wording. i did, yes and no reasons for loyalty from that 49-61 period eg not loyalty because of 2.5 million migrate from 49-61, the stasi founded in 50 showed the gov didnt trust population made them conform out of fear so not loyal. and then reasons they mite be loyal like some good ulbricht financial stuff

Think the first question was like 'The building of the wall in 1961 was necessary as Ulbricht had failed to win the support of GDR citizens'... That's all good yeah! I would have probably divided it like a niche society question and said he did fail to win the support (non-conformists eg 1953 uprising), he failed to win internal support (eg outward conformist) then he genuinely won the support. My judgement would be that the statement is true though to a larger extent as 2.5 million exodus, how many times he came close to losing his position, etc etc
Original post by Lydiaja
Think the first question was like 'The building of the wall in 1961 was necessary as Ulbricht had failed to win the support of GDR citizens'... That's all good yeah! I would have probably divided it like a niche society question and said he did fail to win the support (non-conformists eg 1953 uprising), he failed to win internal support (eg outward conformist) then he genuinely won the support. My judgement would be that the statement is true though to a larger extent as 2.5 million exodus, how many times he came close to losing his position, etc etc

i forgot to write an intro for that q will that cost me a lot of marks? i also panicked a few mins before the bell i thought the question was supposed to be other reasons for building the wall so i made paragraph on the wall being created two ease tensions between the two sides.. but you can only gain marks right? they can deduct stuff but oh well

how did your exam go? i thought that 2nd was so easy with it coming up before
I had a similar method to you! I basically argued that first it was because the GDR was economically redundant so they had no choice but to build a wall, then I argued back saying that wasn't the fault of the GDR but rather the tactics of the FRG via magnet theory, and the GDR was economically okay in relative standards. Then I argued that the political repression they inflicted on the citizens discouraged political conformism inducing the necessity of the wall, then brought it back again saying society was already inclined to hate communism even pre-1949/pre-GDR because of the wrath of the Red Army/Hitler's anti-communist propaganda, e.g. people had been fleeing westwards (mass exodus) before the GDR even existed

Everyone else I've spoken to focused the question around the niche - I don't think our vaguely similar methods are wrong but just a different interpretation of the question?

This exam was over a week ago and it's still stressing me out! Sigh
Reply 8
haha, who even remebers this exam lol! i remember doing questions 2 and 3, yet i can only remember question 1 :colondollar: what were 2 and 3??lol
Reply 9
haha did anyone do question 3? thought that was good lol

Quick Reply

Latest