The Student Room Group
i ve looked at some things on that website and it doesnt appear to be widely recognised i m afraid.
Reply 2
Never heard of it...
Original post by Goldcrest
Thinking of doing an English Language Diploma on ALISON, from what I can see, it looks legit, however, is the certificate at the end recognised? Is it a reeeal Diploma, for things like RAF equivalent or anything in general.

Thanks!

Sounds like an attempt to get you to part with some money to me.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
The courses are full of info and worth doing if you are bored (or like me. unemployed), but the certificates are not really worth paying for. To start with they are expensive, but more importantly they don't seem to be worth anything in terms of recognition or accreditation. I have taken and passed four of their courses in the last two days (including a full diploma in Anatomy and Physiology) and whilst I do feel that I have learned some things, I wont be purchasing the certificates or adding the courses to my CV because they are just not recognised at all. Besides, if I can pass them in such a small amount of time (I do have a pretty good brain, but still...) they can't be worth all that much anyway. I'm smart but no genius, I've never even set foot inside a college or even peered through the window of a university. I'm just a 32 year old woman who has been on sickness benefits since the age of 16, left school at 18 and haven't done much of anything since. Well, until I found Alison and gave it a go. It passes the time, and some employers might think it shows initiative or willingness to learn, but they are not accredited and don't mean a thing really.
Reply 5
Alison is a free online learning portal, whilst the courses completed should be added to your CV it should be noted they are not recognised or accredited, simply courses completed

The paid certificates (an optional extra) arnt overly needed as u can print screen the course complete page, however if you were going to buy some it's advised you wait for a sale and get them then, the certificates do look well though

Employment Consultant, Northern Ireland
(edited 7 years ago)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24711245

Take a look at that link..I'm considering doing a Childcare Diploma with ALISON and was skeptical, hence how I came across this.. I've done my A Levels in Health Professions but wish I could afford to do CACHE Childcare..at least I could add it to my CV, right?
Day 3 done and complete

Latest

Trending

Trending