The Student Room Group

Physics Unit 2 IAL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by C369
I got same answers as both of u. My friends said the same. I think they have messed up with the angles
Well at least 6 marks guaranteed!! :biggrin: congrats to us! xD
Original post by AvWOW
Found it really good! Really happy about my papers. I'm done with exams woo hoo!

What did you guys get for the resistance? I got 4500 ohms

i got 4.5 kilo ohms, thats okay yeah?
Original post by examgirl414
Ofc its right
i got 5500 you guys got value from graph. it was a curve right
anyways the resistivity of the metal was 6.5* 10^-7
Original post by Dr.strange12
i got 5500 you guys got value from graph. it was a curve right

Yes it was a curve.The value of resistance that corresponds to 0.25 Wm^-2 was 0.5 kilo ohm= 500 ohm

you use the equation
0.6= 6 x 500 / 500 + R
R=4500 ohm
(edited 8 years ago)
I dont remember , do you remember the value? It was the resistance x (width x thickness) / length
I guess... :/
anyways the resistivity of the metal was 6.5* 10^-7
ah dang i thought that was resistance of just LDR dang. oh well i think i lost 10 marks max its an A good enough considering i had no teacher to teach me the course
Don't worry you'll do great, a large number of students messed up many of the calculations..hope that would bring the grade boundaries lower
I guess an A will be 55ish :/
So you still have a great chance of getting an A! :biggrin:
ah dang i thought that was resistance of just LDR dang. oh well i think i lost 10 marks max its an A good enough considering i had no teacher to teach me the course
yay now i have three months of summer. time to chill
Guys what about the reflector detector questions
Reply 51
Original post by C369
I got 3.3*10^-9
I used s=2d/t
Sub 0.5 for d and c for s
How did u do it???
What was the answer for mcq about resistance????
Was it b

I used the same t= 2d/t
but I used 1km... 1000m. I thought highest distance gives largest pulse duration.
mcq I think was B... or was it C?
It was R+ (1/ 1/R+1/R)
Reply 52
Original post by examgirl414

haha of course. Same thing! :P
Reply 53
[QUOTE="mdfaiz99;56586429"]
Original post by hiddensecrets
The diamond question you use refractive index equation
For glass-
1/1.5=Sin28/Sinr
r=44.8 degrees

For diamond
1/2.42=sin28/sinr
r=math error
which means there is no refractive angle
The angle is reflected back into the diamond( total internal reflection)

Why is it 1/refractive index? I Just did refractive index=sin i/sin r and got 18 degrees and I was like how the hell does it move towards the normal ??? :frown: :frown: ooh I messed up

I got 18 for diamond and 11 for glass :/
And why did you use 28? the angle that was given was with the normal right? Ithink it was 35 degrees?
Reply 54
The diamond question you use refractive index equation
For glass-
1/1.5=Sin28/Sinr
r=44.8 degrees

For diamond
1/2.42=sin28/sinr
r=math error
which means there is no refractive angle
The angle is reflected back into the diamond( total internal reflection)

For the LDR question I got 4500 ohms= 4.5 Kilo Ohms

Why is it 1/refractive index? I Just did refractive index=sin i/sin r and got 18 degrees and I was like how the hell does it move towards the normal ??? :frown: :frown: ooh I messed up
Reply 55
How on earth will an angle move towards the normal when passing from glass to air.It has to move away since air is a rarer medium xD
dont worry you are right..i Mean this answer makes sense,the 18 degree answer doesnt :P

Pretty sure it was moving form air to glass....
I got 18 for diamond and 11 for glass. Looked right to me....
besides... you have to draw the angle in the given diagram. And If you say it undergoes TIR you can't say by which angle so you can't draw it!
Reply 56
haha me trying to figure our why im getting 0.24... on a show that the wavelength is about 2cm... realizing im in meters :P
Reply 57
I dont know why but for some stupid reason on question 11 i couldn't show that for
I=nAvq, that they both equated to the Ampere, I'm so pissed off considering i take maths lmao
Reply 58
Original post by iKaneee
I dont know why but for some stupid reason on question 11 i couldn't show that for
I=nAvq, that they both equated to the Ampere, I'm so pissed off considering i take maths lmao

basically n is in m^-3, q is in c, v is in ms^-1 and A is in m^2. the meters cancel and you get coulomb per second, which is an amp.

only 3 marks no worries
Reply 59
Original post by MadZler
basically n is in m^-3, q is in c, v is in ms^-1 and A is in m^2. the meters cancel and you get coulomb per second, which is an amp.

only 3 marks no worries

Ohhh damn I forgot n was m^-3 .. oh well.. Did you think the paper was hard? I thought it was okay, but I could see alot of people struggling for time due to there being 21 questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending