The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Biology Additional (B2) - 5th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by daniellemimoni
please can you send them to me!!!

send me your email darlinnnnn
Reply 22
Original post by abigailcichosz
The first answer is from a foundation paper, but when I first saw it I was like wtf.
The second is a 6 marker I made up, because I just needed a way to remember the digestive system incase it did come up for a 6 marker.

Again, I have written model answers to all of the 6 marker higher past papers, if anyone wants them drop me a message and I'll email you.

-Abigail
xx

Explain how thestructure of the heart is related to their function.”
The heart is made up of two sides, the right side and theleft side. The splitting up of these two sides prevents the blood from mixingtogether. Additionally, the right side (right atrium, and right ventricle)deals with deoxygenated blood and transports the blood to the lungs at a lowpressure. In comparison, the left side (left atrium and left ventricle) dealwith oxygenated blood. The left ventricle has a much thicker muscle wall,because it has to pump blood all around the body at a high pressure, not justto the lungs like the right side. The muscular walls of both ventriclescontract when full and push the blood to their designated area. The pulmonaryartery carries blood away from the heart, and the pulmonary vein carries bloodtowards the heart. The heart also contains valves. Valves are flaps of tissuewhich prevent back flow from the ventricle to the atrium. The aorta carries theoxygenated blood around the body.
“Describe the passage of food in the digestive system.”
The mouth contain teeth which grinds the food down intosmaller pieces. The mouth also contains saliva which helps to lubricate thefood and form it into a bolus. This is so the food can travel down theoesophagus more easily. The oesophagus pushes the food down into the stomach byperistalsis, this is where the muscles contract in waves which pushes the bolusdown. The food is then transported into the stomach, which churns up the food.The stomach contains hydrochloric acid, which helps to break down the food intoeven smaller pieces. The stomach also contains protease. These enzymes convertthe proteins in the food into amino acids. All the digested food is dissolvedinto the plasma. However, undigested food is sent to the small intestine, whichbreaks down the insoluble molecules into more soluble substances. The liverexcretes bile into the small intestine, which neutralises the ph. of the foodfrom the stomach and emulsifies fat. The small intestine also contain lipase (whichconvert fats into fatty acids and glycerol) and amylase (which convert starchinto sugars.) The small intestine is also lined with villi which allows for theabsorption of food to happen more easily. Undigested food is sent to the largeintestine. The water from the food and diffuses back into the blood and theundigested food passes out of the anus as faeces.k�u>~G��

can you send them to me
does anyone have a 6 mark example of a circulatory system they could possibly send me thanks and good luck in exams everyone :smile:
the first answer is from a foundation paper, but when i first saw it i was like wtf.
The second is a 6 marker i made up, because i just needed a way to remember the digestive system incase it did come up for a 6 marker.

Again, i have written model answers to all of the 6 marker higher past papers, if anyone wants them drop me a message and i'll email you.

-abigail
xx

explain how thestructure of the heart is related to their function.”
the heart is made up of two sides, the right side and theleft side. The splitting up of these two sides prevents the blood from mixingtogether. Additionally, the right side (right atrium, and right ventricle)deals with deoxygenated blood and transports the blood to the lungs at a lowpressure. In comparison, the left side (left atrium and left ventricle) dealwith oxygenated blood. The left ventricle has a much thicker muscle wall,because it has to pump blood all around the body at a high pressure, not justto the lungs like the right side. The muscular walls of both ventriclescontract when full and push the blood to their designated area. The pulmonaryartery carries blood away from the heart, and the pulmonary vein carries bloodtowards the heart. The heart also contains valves. Valves are flaps of tissuewhich prevent back flow from the ventricle to the atrium. The aorta carries theoxygenated blood around the body.
“describe the passage of food in the digestive system.”
the mouth contain teeth which grinds the food down intosmaller pieces. The mouth also contains saliva which helps to lubricate thefood and form it into a bolus. This is so the food can travel down theoesophagus more easily. The oesophagus pushes the food down into the stomach byperistalsis, this is where the muscles contract in waves which pushes the bolusdown. The food is then transported into the stomach, which churns up the food.the stomach contains hydrochloric acid, which helps to break down the food intoeven smaller pieces. The stomach also contains protease. These enzymes convertthe proteins in the food into amino acids. All the digested food is dissolvedinto the plasma. However, undigested food is sent to the small intestine, whichbreaks down the insoluble molecules into more soluble substances. The liverexcretes bile into the small intestine, which neutralises the ph. Of the foodfrom the stomach and emulsifies fat. The small intestine also contain lipase (whichconvert fats into fatty acids and glycerol) and amylase (which convert starchinto sugars.) the small intestine is also lined with villi which allows for theabsorption of food to happen more easily. Undigested food is sent to the largeintestine. The water from the food and diffuses back into the blood and theundigested food passes out of the anus as faeces.k�u>~g��

can you send me the questions, already sent you a private message with my email! Thanks!
Did anyone else get the email with the questions from abigailcichosz?
If so can you please send them to me, message me back if you do have them and i'll send you my email!
Please help, its URGENT!
THANKS!
Hi, this is possibly to late but if you could send them to be that would be appreciated
Reply 27
Original post by Hazzaj500
I'm really hoping for questions to come up about meiosis/mitosis, the heart/digestive system, enzymes, diffusion/osmosis/active transport, cloning benefits and risks or dangers, structures of cells, and almost anything to do with tables or graphs😂
Hoping for an A* but considering my recent mistakes, around 40 marks seems much more likely, what gradesare you guys aiming for?

Aiming for an a*, just keep revising and do past papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah best tjing to do, what did you get in your controlled assessment?
Me pls!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 30
Original post by Hazzaj500
Yeah best tjing to do, what did you get in your controlled assessment?

Full marks lol you

Posted from TSR Mobile
45/50
send me your email
x

[email protected] Thank you so much! x
I think maybe one of Advantages of Cloning may come , up mitosis and meiosis haven't come up in a few years so they could
So. How did it go?
One of the easiest papers I've done, besides the question on fossils, forgot most of the bone names:frown:Hopefully the boundaries are low as I counted between 45-50 marks
I was aiming for close to full marks.. that was until the lady said the exam was over and i turned over the page to see a surprise 3 marker ;(
Ah that's a shame, I'm sure you'll do well
Reply 38
That should've been easy but found it really weird and hard to be honest. Hadn't revised bone names :frown: So annoying because my b2 mock went so well!
Reply 39
I don't know about anyone else but I was a bit flummoxed by the wording of some of the questions - It almost seemed as though they wanted to catch us out! Especially the last two (inc. 6 marker) Were you meant to talk about the process in finding and selecting and then extracting the gene coding for luminosity in the second-to-last question? I just wrote about how scientists need to firstly identify an organism which expresses the requires trait (luminosity) which means they have the required gene. I then just talked about extracting that gene by cutting it out with restriction endonuclease ligase?what did everyone else do?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending