The Student Room Group

AQA History A2 "USSR 1941-1991" HIS3K June 2015 prediction

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone have any practice type questions other than the past paper ones?
Original post by Pollllllllllllly
Does anyone have any practice type questions other than the past paper ones?

Yeah I have quite a few in like a booklet I can take pictures of and send to you? :smile:
Original post by becca1328
Yeah I have quite a few in like a booklet I can take pictures of and send to you? :smile:

thank you so much that would be amazing!!!!
thank you so much that would be amazing!!!!

Ok well do you want to PM me an email address or something because I don't think I can send photos to you on here? :smile:
Here's some practice questions:

To what extent was the strength of the Soviet economy responsible for the Soviet victory in the Second World War?

To what extent was Khrushchev's downfall due to the difficulties in the USSR's relationship with the Eastern European Bloc of Communist states?

"Brezhnev's impact on the USSR was fundamentally negative." Assess the validity of this view.

"Dissent in the USSR during the Brezhnev era was a growing threat to the stability of the Soviet regime." Assess the validity.

"The USSR remained essentially Stalinist in its approach throughout 1941-1991."

To what extent was nationalism responsible for the break-up of the USSR in the years 1953-1991?

"The breaking up of the USSR was a result of Gorbachev's role as the weakest of the Soviet leaders from 1941-1991." Assess the validity of this viewZ

How successfully did the communist party maintain its leading place within the Soviet Union between 1953-1991?

I'm not sure how I'd go about answering that last one tbh.

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by becca1328
Ok well do you want to PM me an email address or something because I don't think I can send photos to you on here? :smile:

I think i've messaged the email address :smile:
I think i've messaged the email address :smile:

Yeah I've just sent them :smile: sorry it took so long my phone was acting weird.
Reply 27
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo

How successfully did the communist party maintain its leading place within the Soviet Union between 1953-1991?

I'm not sure how I'd go about answering that last one tbh.

Hope that helps!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That one is not so bad to be honest, all about dissidence and lack of dynamism within the party. You could get a lot of marks out of the Gorbachev era when the Party not only lost it's ideological standpoint but also the popular support as well
Original post by ekmad
That one is not so bad to be honest, all about dissidence and lack of dynamism within the party. You could get a lot of marks out of the Gorbachev era when the Party not only lost it's ideological standpoint but also the popular support as well

Oh that's so true, I really need to consolidate on the running political theme!! Thanks a lot for that :smile:
I guess you could also talk about Nationalities... And the political reforms by gorbachev i.e the presidency which basically led to the collapse of the communist party.. Correct me if I'm wrong lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Original post by Maddiee_xoxo
Oh that's so true, I really need to consolidate on the running political theme!! Thanks a lot for that :smile:
I guess you could also talk about Nationalities... And the political reforms by gorbachev i.e the presidency which basically led to the collapse of the communist party.. Correct me if I'm wrong lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh yeah definitely, in fact the more I think about the better that question would be if it really came up! Nationalities would definitely be a big part on the "Party not the only leading force" argument, especially after they started going rogue in the 1980s (Nagorno-Karabakh a good example of Republics not caring what Moscow thinks, that would NEVER have happened under Stalin)
Reply 30
Original post by ekmad
Glasnost basically openness about everything, Gorbachev meant it to be political to promote participation (this is what we are doing and why) however it very quickly under Yakovlev became cultural. In the end Gorbachev in 1990 attempted to reinstate State censorship on cultural things though

Accompanied with the law on press freedom - nothing could be said that went against the truths of the SU
is anyone else freaking out?? :frown:
Reply 32
Original post by Bethdwyer
is anyone else freaking out?? :frown:

Probably loads of people, but they'd never admit it
Hoping for Stalin (economy) and Khrushchev (Destalinisation).

However got a feeling it'll be Khrushchev and Gorbachev.

Surely for the wider question Nationalities is due?
Gorbachev - leadership/responsibility for the collapse of the USSR has not come up.
Reply 35
Original post by emilialucy
Gorbachev - leadership/responsibility for the collapse of the USSR has not come up.

Yeah it'll likely be Krushchev and Gorbachev. Which is good because two manageable subjects compared to Brezhnev

Still think the breadth question will be on social issues as I think any Nationalities question clashes with Gorbachev's (if it is indeed the break-up)
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ekmad
Yeah it'll likely be Krushchev and Gorbachev. Which is good because two manageable subjects compared to Brezhnev

Still think the breadth question will be on social issues as I think any Nationalities question clashes with Gorbachev's (if it is indeed the break-up)

Stalin has only come up once though. Khrushchev three times and Gorbachev twice.

I haven't done any practises for the the overview question - so hopefully will stick to the other two :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by emilialucy
Stalin has only come up once though. Khrushchev three times and Gorbachev twice.

I haven't done any practises for the the overview question - so hopefully will stick to the other two :smile:

Stalin came up last year and 2012 I thought? All will be answered tomorrow at 9:01
Original post by ekmad
Stalin came up last year and 2012 I thought? All will be answered tomorrow at 9:01

Last year was High Stalinism - recovery.

9:01?! 8:45 for me!
There definitely has been more than one Stalin question. I remember seeing a 'to what extent did his leadership account for soviet victory' question! But I'm praying we get a war question, that would be a godsend.
I'm wondering if anybody thinks it might be likely that a breadth question on agriculture might come up? There's only ever been one. But then again the economy in general has come up the past two years! I can't imagine what type of social breadth question might come up - any guesses/examples?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending