The Student Room Group

OCR History GCSE (Paper 2, British Depth Study)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm doing ocr schools history project for the medicine public health sources paper, does anyone know what time period this is on??
Original post by morgan1999
Haha no, are you doing medicine through time?
No I havent, I do OCR higher maths as well so we've already finished luckily. It was so hard though. Are you with edexcel?

Yeah i am doing medicine through time.
Lucky! Well not that it was hard but lucky you have finished! Yeah i am. It will be interesting to see how it goes and peoples reactions as the last exam didnt go down well. What other exams do you have left? :smile:
Original post by passmore1999
Yeah i am doing medicine through time.
Lucky! Well not that it was hard but lucky you have finished! Yeah i am. It will be interesting to see how it goes and peoples reactions as the last exam didnt go down well. What other exams do you have left? :smile:

Well good luck for both history&maths, hope the calculator is a bit better and doesn't make the news this time:biggrin:
I have a my second chemistry & physics papers, History and 2 general studies papers left, what about you?
Hi guys,
Im doing the Paper 2 on Britain 1890-1918. I was wondering whether anyone knew what the topics were of the last 3 OCR past papers please? (January 2015, June 2014 and January 2014)
If you can help thank you very much :smile:
Original post by Insert_name
Hi guys,
Im doing the Paper 2 on Britain 1890-1918. I was wondering whether anyone knew what the topics were of the last 3 OCR past papers please? (January 2015, June 2014 and January 2014)

Hi i am not entirely sure but my teacher says its most likely not teenagers as that came up twice already. But you should probably revise for all of them xD, sorry if i'm no help.
Hi guys,

June 2014 was Britain at war I believe (correct me if I'm wrong anyone), not sure about jan 2014 but I don't think there was a January one in 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the 1890-1914 paper the last few years were:
June 2014- WW1
June 2013- Liberal Reforms
Jan 2013- WW1
June 2012- Reforms
Jan 2012- Women
June 2011- WW1
Jan 2011- Women
June 2010- Reforms
Jan 2010- WW1

I can't see anywhere January 2014 or 2015 though
Okay, i'm so confused, i have paper 2 on Wednesday and I don't know what it's going to be about!I did paper 1 on medicine through time and germany depth study.My teacher said paper 2 (developments in British Medicine 1200-1945) for us will be on public health. But when i look at the past paper June2013 was public health,
but Jan2013 was surgery, june2012 was penicillin, jan2012 was public health again but then june2011 was nursing jan2011 was jenner, june2010 was quack doctors, jan2010 was surgery.I'm so confused! Does it change each year and OCR tell schools which topic it will be and for 2015 it is public health or...? Like i really don't understand.Will my exam be on public health DEFINITELY OR...?Please help.
does anyone know what the predictions are for the 1939-75 section? as in what hasn't come up in the last 5 years? Also, does anyone know if the impact of ww2 is a topic on it's own, alongside women, youth and immigration? thaannksss
Original post by Charlottemulcahy
June 2014 was Britain at war I believe (correct me if I'm wrong anyone), not sure about jan 2014 but I don't think there was a January one in 2015

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yea i think you are right thanks, so are we predicting Women's suffrage for this year?
Yea i think you are right thanks, so are we predicting Women's suffrage for this year?

I think so, or liberal reforms possibly. Would be surprised if Britain at war came up again but I wouldn't put it past ocr. I think they know post people hate the home front, hence why it's come up so much (either that or sources are easy to find about the war)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by History1917
Hi Molly, you might find the following podcasts I've done useful, plus there is an extra module I've created for students (see the bottom link)

Britain's Post War Labour Government

http://media.podhoster.com/explaininghistory/britains_labour_government_1945.mp3

Suez Crisis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I9ekdUsDS0

Britain 1951-64
https://explaininghistory.selz.com/item/55734134b798720eb4669200?mode=edit

Original post by jazzychw
Our teacher gave us a sheet about the 16 mark question, hope it helps a bit:

Plan your answer
consider the "body of evidence" across all of the sources (although you are not expected to refer to them all in your answer)

-must focus on how far the evidence in the sources support/oppose the statement

-group supporting/opposing statements together (do not just go through every source saying if it agrees or disagrees!)

-offer a "summary judgement" in the introduction giving a direct answer to the question and listing the sources you will be using to support/oppose the statement.

-Give other factors not in sources to support/oppose statement

- make links between evidence

-put sources in context and use own knowledge to evaluate the sources

Thank you so much!!! A huge help :biggrin: x
Yes I'm unsure about this . The past questions are all on women, Youth or immigration but there is a lot of info on the WW2 stuff and the NHS. Do you think there'll be a question just on this?
Original post by willrushton
Yes I'm unsure about this . The past questions are all on women, Youth or immigration but there is a lot of info on the WW2 stuff and the NHS. Do you think there'll be a question just on this?

Original post by revisioncentral
does anyone know what the predictions are for the 1939-75 section? as in what hasn't come up in the last 5 years? Also, does anyone know if the impact of ww2 is a topic on it's own, alongside women, youth and immigration? thaannksss

Women, youth and immigration are the 3 topics, one of which will come up. The NHS and stuff like that is weaved into all 3 topics. For example, the paper could be on immigration, but the NHS ties in with it as many came to Britain to work for the NHS. :smile:

I was looking at a paper the other day; it was about youth, but a source was published in 1968. This linked to Enoch Powell's speech and his anti-immigration ideas. So be warned, although a paper may be on one topic, aspects of the other 2 may come into play. I'm quite stressed about history too, but good luck! As long as you've revised, you'll do fine :smile:

I need to work on the 16 mark question - I ran out of time in my mock and got 10/16 :s How long do you guys spend on it? Thanks!
Original post by Lauren-x-
Women, youth and immigration are the 3 topics, one of which will come up. The NHS and stuff like that is weaved into all 3 topics. For example, the paper could be on immigration, but the NHS ties in with it as many came to Britain to work for the NHS. :smile:

I was looking at a paper the other day; it was about youth, but a source was published in 1968. This linked to Enoch Powell's speech and his anti-immigration ideas. So be warned, although a paper may be on one topic, aspects of the other 2 may come into play. I'm quite stressed about history too, but good luck! As long as you've revised, you'll do fine :smile:

I need to work on the 16 mark question - I ran out of time in my mock and got 10/16 :s How long do you guys spend on it? Thanks!

Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense now!
Also do you know what year that paper was from, the one about the youths? :redface:

As for the 16 marker, I heard that it's best to spend about 30-45 minutes on it, I'm not completely sure though... :/
Original post by vausebi
Thank you so much. That makes a lot of sense now!
Also do you know what year that paper was from, the one about the youths? :redface:

As for the 16 marker, I heard that it's best to spend about 30-45 minutes on it, I'm not completely sure though... :/

June 2010! I was annoyed because our teacher gave us that paper, but then took it back off us -.-

I think my teacher said 30 minutes, I spent about 20 minutes in the mock and ran out of time. Going to save about 40 mins I think because even if I finish early, I can go back and check.
Original post by Lauren-x-
June 2010! I was annoyed because our teacher gave us that paper, but then took it back off us -.-

I think my teacher said 30 minutes, I spent about 20 minutes in the mock and ran out of time. Going to save about 40 mins I think because even if I finish early, I can go back and check.

That's a good idea. I'll probably do that too.
It's likely that youths will come up again this year, since it hasn't come up for 2 years...
it was world war one last year because of the 100 year anniversary so it is probably reforms. however because of the mixing of topics it may be women's role in WW1 and how they changed which led to them getting the vote and even the limitations once they got the vote.
youth has come up last year june and January, I bet it's women. It's only come up twice since 2010
hi does any one have any tips for the history exam on wednesday ..........im doing britian 1890-1918
and i really stuggle with sources and the twelve marker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending