The Student Room Group

Mr M's OCR FSMQ Additional Maths June 2015 Answers

Scroll to see replies

Just to clarify, probability question I did 20C3P3q17 and got 0.134, out of 5 how many marks would I get?
If you explained why saying 2 boxes = 20C3 then probably 5 but if you just wrote out the equation then probably 3/4. Don't worry at least you weren't like me and make p 1/3 and 2/3 - f******* ratios. On that note will that affect all of my questions on probability or will it just be error carried forward so no more penalised?
Original post by Meebcphgrsfar
Just to clarify, probability question I did 20C3P3q17 and got 0.134, out of 5 how many marks would I get?

That's right so 5 (I know that seems generous but that's the way it is).
Original post by Lementation
Thanks Mr M, I got around 85 I think. Are you allowed to post the paper Mr M?

No it's copyright. Ask your own teacher to show it to you.
Original post by Mr M
That's right so 5 (I know that seems generous but that's the way it is).

Thanks! Prediction for the A boundary? Previous years have ranged from 67-74 but I think this has been the worst by some distance, expect 67+-1, hoping for 70 marks for myself
Mr M I wrote a few of my answers in the wrong boxed and wrote the examiner a not plus changed the question number. Will this be OK? I'm really scared
Note* boxes*
Reply 47
There was a mistake on the paper for the train question.

It said a "train starts at rest" but then if you found the velocity, v = 5t-2, so when t=0, v=-2

Therefore the train can't have started at rest!
Original post by Giu988

It said a "train starts at rest" but then if you found the velocity, v = 5t-2, so when t=0, v=-2

That's why you use suvat for constant acceleration
Original post by ndndndjsnd
Mr M I wrote a few of my answers in the wrong boxed and wrote the examiner a not plus changed the question number. Will this be OK? I'm really scared

That was silly but yes they will notice it and attach your answers to the right question space when they electronically mark your script.
Original post by Giu988

Well spotted. That's poor.
Mr M, for the trig (q2) I have two answers by dividing again by two. If the correct answer is amongst my answer will it be okay?
Thanks
Reply 52
For question 11 iii isn't 2.5 the X coordinate? So wouldn't you sub it back into -2x^2+10x-8 to get the Y coordinate (ie the maximum height) which would give you 4.5?
B is a good grade, an A grade gives you 20 UCAS point, B gives 17, C gives 13, D gives 10 and E gives 7
Im probs getting a D then.... that wasn't what i thought it would be:angry:. Hopefully I'll get marks for working out.
Is there anyone who has a copy of the paper or could get it off a teacher? It would really help! I wanna go through slowly
Original post by FrustratedHorse
Im probs getting a D then.... that wasn't what i thought it would be:angry:. Hopefully I'll get marks for working out.

Yeah probably same here
What was the trigonometry question?
How much will a C be?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by irfan_blue
How much will a C be?

Posted from TSR Mobile

49-52 normally so about half of the marks?

Quick Reply

Latest