The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel Maths Non Calculator Higher, grade boundaries?

I've made so many little mistakes and dropped more marks than what I would have liked to, but most people said it was ok (doesn't mean they did well I guess)

What do you think the grade boundaries are for that paper? I know it adds up with the calculator paper but for this one paper?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Boundaries will be lower since it was definitely a harder paper

I would say about..
77/100 A*
61/100 A
45/100 B
30/100 C

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, I didn't do the exam (I did it in year 10), but I'm intrigued as to what the "Hannah's sweets" question is. Why is everyone raging about that one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Something along the lines of this:
Hannah has a bag of 'n' sweets - 6 are orange, and the rest are yellow. she takes one sweet out the bag randomly and eats it, and does the same again. The probability of her getting 2 orange sweets is 1/3. (I'm not sure what it directly asked by it was something along the lines of, prove that n^2 - n - 90 = 0.
Although I found it challenging I was able to do it fine so I think people are just raging about it because it was so random
For the overall paper (out of 200, it will be probably 160-169 for an A*
Reply 5
It would brobabally be around a high 70 or low 80 for an a*
People say it was hard but I think if you used logical sense it would of been easy! I think they will be middle so around 71/100 for an A and 85/100 for A* and the usually like 55/100 for B
Reply 7
I think minimum 80/100 for an A* I checked last years it was 82/100 and that's the lowest they've ever been for an A* and seeing as how so many people feel terrible! about the test I think they would be reduced to 80/100 or 160/200 even though the majority of people feel they f'd up
Original post by Misora
I've made so many little mistakes and dropped more marks than what I would have liked to, but most people said it was ok (doesn't mean they did well I guess)

What do you think the grade boundaries are for that paper? I know it adds up with the calculator paper but for this one paper?

How many marks were the two probability questions?
Original post by fireyhair
Something along the lines of this:
Hannah has a bag of 'n' sweets - 6 are orange, and the rest are yellow. she takes one sweet out the bag randomly and eats it, and does the same again. The probability of her getting 2 orange sweets is 1/3. (I'm not sure what it directly asked by it was something along the lines of, prove that n^2 - n - 90 = 0.
Although I found it challenging I was able to do it fine so I think people are just raging about it because it was so random

Thanks, that cleared it up - seems alright tbh :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Since grades would be so low, an A would probably be 127-131 out of 200. The paper was extremely hard so thats a logical equaliser.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
then asnwer it then lol Hannah has a bag of 'n' sweets - 6 are orange, and the rest are yellow. she takes one sweet out the bag randomly and eats it, and does the same again. The probability of her getting 2 orange sweets is 1/3. (I'm not sure what it directly asked by it was something along the lines of, prove that n^2 - n - 90 = 0.
Reply 12
cuz solving was easy it was n=10

the problem was proving it which got me baft ;D

btw what did u guys get for the cylinder question with the 5 hours and 9 hours etc. . . 6 mark question
Reply 13
I hope A* is around 77 - 79 this year.
Reply 15
omg that paper was so hard!!! I made so many stupid mistakes! I think i got around 35 -45 marks if im lucky :'((
how many more marks would I need in the calc paper to get a B overall??? Judging last years grade boundaries you had to get 94 in total for a B! Do you think they'll make the grade boundaries lower this year??????
Reply 16
How many marks do you need to get for a c/b if you add both the paper
Reply 17
Last year it was 164 for an A* but the 2014 paper was a lot easier than today's so mostly likely it will be lower like 158-159 for an A* unless calculator paper is really easy
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 18
Original post by Begum123
How many marks do you need to get for a c/b if you add both the paper

Last year you needed 57/200 for a C and 95/200 for a B, but this years paper was harder so I think the grade boundaries will be lower
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Hi did anyone find the exam hard than last years n previous years before. Will the grade boundaries be low. If i got 30-40 marks how much would i need for an A or B. Mostly a b. Thank u.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending