The Student Room Group

Edexcel Business Studies Unit 3 - Discussion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by suresure
If this is in response to me, then exactly. India previously imposed tariffs to retaliate against other countries who had tariffs imposed against them..?

I'm sure it's in a past mark scheme too
Original post by A_katherine
I'm sure it's in a past mark scheme too

Yeah, it may not be the best answer to explain for multiple marks, but it is definitely a correct answer.
Is there a unit 4 thread?
Reply 63
Original post by LFC_123_
2nd question was the impact of RCEP on UK firms and 12 marker was the impact of RCEP on Indian firms

Posted from TSR Mobile

For the 12 marker, do you think I can talk about India firms could expand into more different markets such as China and Japan at a cheaper costs as import tariffs are eliminated which means they can reach more consumers with a total of certain billions (I forgot), and evaluate it by saying however countries like China have high bureaucracy and taxation (in this case corporation tax) so they might instead target other markets instead?Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought the "ease of doing business" question was about reduction of trading restrictions in the country but I spoke about how Netherlands could offer lower taxes rates to attract multinationals.
Original post by Royal_Matt
Is there a unit 4 thread?

Yeah but it hasnt been that active http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3111957
Original post by tunde100
I thought the "ease of doing business" question was about reduction of trading restrictions in the country but I spoke about how Netherlands could offer lower taxes rates to attract multinationals.

I talked about your first point i.e reducing red tape but my analysis was very weak. It was such a crappy Q IMO
Original post by A level sufferer
I talked about your first point i.e reducing red tape but my analysis was very weak. It was such a crappy Q IMO

Yep never enough time allocated so I decided to focus on 15 marker and 12 marker first then i rushed the rest. I don't know how they expect to have good level of analysis with such little thinking time. Lol i just linked lower taxes to higher profits and other factors such as cheap labor to balance it out.
how is everyone revising for 4b?
How is everyone finding unit 4a?! :O how are you revising???
Reply 70
Best way to revise for unit 4 is to go over past papers and see what they generally ask for/ what the questions are like. Look at mark schemes too. Also, make up possible questions that are likely to come up and answer them in the context of Center Parcs, that way you are prepared.

All the best everyone
I've been looking at past mark schemes, specially for the higher end marks then I found a great presentation to go through with everything explained clearly and efficiently. Our class have predicted the 20-30 markers will be on social responsibility and Critical Path Analysis

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
I've been looking at past mark schemes, specially for the higher end marks then I found a great presentation to go through with everything explained clearly and efficiently. Our class have predicted the 20-30 markers will be on social responsibility and Critical Path Analysis

Posted from TSR Mobile

What presentation is it? Would you be kind enough to share please? Thanks! :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which evidence are you reffering to when you mention critical path or do you expect it to be apart of the additional evidence?
I can't remember the number but one of the evidences is about building the new park

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=LFC_123_;56996693]I've been looking at past mark schemes, specially for the higher end marks then I found a great presentation to go through with everything explained clearly and efficiently. Our class have predicted the 20-30 markers will be on social responsibility and Critical Path Analysis

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes we have done both of them as 20 And 30 markers we have a booklet that our teacher gave us with all examples of the 2 questions 20-30 marker and other ones to:smile:
Original post by Britishsunset
Yes we have done both of them as 20 And 30 markers we have a booklet that our teacher gave us with all examples of the 2 questions 20-30 marker and other ones to:smile:

is this 4b?
[QUOTE=annahale;57032559]is this 4b?

No unit 4a - Centre parcs :smile:
Reply 78
How did everyone find unit 4?
Not too bad, I thought section A was pretty good, but 30 marks for decision trees was a bit tricky, just to write enough stuff to get top marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending