The Student Room Group

WJEC A2 German Exam 18th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by aj_thompson10
Anyone studying Goodbye Lenin that has any guesses on what the essay will be, i think it'll be a question based on Christiane!

I am, i think itll be on christiane, minor characters either denis or lara or something to do with the title:smile:
Reply 21
How did everyone find it? I thought the reading bit was really hard, I didn't understand most of the vocab, so the bit where you had to fill in the gaps with the words was so hard! The questions to reply in german/english were ok thought I think?? :/ :/
Reply 22
I thought it was ok, definitely better than what they got last year. But the gap fill and true/false were pretty hard, I couldn't work out whether the president had visited after the typhoon or not.

But translation and essays for GBL were alright.
Reply 23
Original post by FMartin
I thought it was ok, definitely better than what they got last year. But the gap fill and true/false were pretty hard, I couldn't work out whether the president had visited after the typhoon or not.

But translation and essays for GBL were alright.

I definitely preferred last year, I understood the text way more. Yeah neither, in the word gaps I put that he visited the place because I didn't see another word that would fit, but then it just said in the text that he saw pictures or something? and then it mentioned it in the true/false exercise, I didn't cross that box though
Reply 24
I don't know I just found the human trafficking on last years quite hard to get what the questions were saying.

I did the same with gap fill and true/false, it's good to know you did the same.
Original post by evavanh
How did everyone find it? I thought the reading bit was really hard, I didn't understand most of the vocab, so the bit where you had to fill in the gaps with the words was so hard! The questions to reply in german/english were ok thought I think?? :/ :/

I also found the reading hard to understand !
How did you find the essay ?
Original post by Roxanne18
I also found the reading hard to understand !
How did you find the essay ?

Just found your thread now, and was wondering what grades you guys got in german in the end! I suppose I'm aiming for an A, but there's so much work to do!!
Original post by Examstuffxoxo
Just found your thread now, and was wondering what grades you guys got in german in the end! I suppose I'm aiming for an A, but there's so much work to do!!

Heya (:
Well for AS I had a B, but for A level I had a D.
Yes there is so much work to do! and in the end I put more effort into my Maths, and let my German marks slip, good luck to you! (:
Reply 28
Hi i was just wondering what the essay title was for goodbye lenin?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending