The Student Room Group

Advanced Higher Computing Science 2015/16 - Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ROC10
Why were you expecting more theory than programming? :s-smilie:

I thought it wasn't too bad. There were a couple of hard questions (binary search). I also couldn't do the one after the binary search as my teacher admits we weren't taught it. Also my teacher thinks there was a mistake in the paper with one of the questions (I think it was the "myTeam.introduceTeam" one); however, she did say that we couldn't have asked for a better paper so I think I'm okay.

And it was my last exam so I'm pretty happy. :biggrin:

Thought it was.... alright. I mean Q4 pseudocode parts I didnt really know what I was doing, I just wrote a binary search algorithm which wasnt the answer. Also the html form question, which should have been gift marks for me, I just forgot cause I wasnt really expecting html coding. I agree with you on the myTeam.introduceTeam one. Was it meant to be just myTeam.introduce? There wasnt any actual parameter from what I saw. I was also a little confused with the first part of the sql question. Overall I think I've probably got a B. Maybe just an A
Reply 61
Original post by TheBlackBruceLee
Thought it was.... alright. I mean Q4 pseudocode parts I didnt really know what I was doing, I just wrote a binary search algorithm which wasnt the answer. Also the html form question, which should have been gift marks for me, I just forgot cause I wasnt really expecting html coding. I agree with you on the myTeam.introduceTeam one. Was it meant to be just myTeam.introduce? There wasnt any actual parameter from what I saw. I was also a little confused with the first part of the sql question. Overall I think I've probably got a B. Maybe just an A

What did you have to do for that binary search one?

I was really happy with all the html/php/sql that came up as it was what I had been focusing on.

I think it should have been something like that and yes, no parameter was passed in. The method introduceTeam() was in the class diagram but there was no indication as to what it actually was...

I'm hoping I've managed to get an A overall. Remember your project mark will boost it up! How did you do in your project?
the binary search one? I mean for the first part I just wrote a binary search algorithm but it wasnt like fully correct. The next part you had to something with opening and writing to files (pupil.db), didnt get that right tho. I'm got around 80/90 ± 2, so I have got a C just from my project and had to get like 30/60 in this exam but I think it'll be close. I mean sure it would kinda suck to get a B when I only need like 50% in the exam but I dont mind that much
Reply 63
The problem with the introduce team question was no loop that iterated through the array of team members, that confused me.
Reply 64
Original post by gwagon
The problem with the introduce team question was no loop that iterated through the array of team members, that confused me.

What did you write for that question?
Reply 65
Original post by TheBlackBruceLee
the binary search one? I mean for the first part I just wrote a binary search algorithm but it wasnt like fully correct. The next part you had to something with opening and writing to files (pupil.db), didnt get that right tho. I'm got around 80/90 ± 2, so I have got a C just from my project and had to get like 30/60 in this exam but I think it'll be close. I mean sure it would kinda suck to get a B when I only need like 50% in the exam but I dont mind that much

Yeah I (attempted) to write a binary search algorithm but it didn't go brilliantly...

And for the next part I wrote an SQL update statement :biggrin:

I'm in a similar situation. From a quick add up at one point, I think I may have got a B in the paper which would give me an A overall so I'll be happy with that.
Reply 66
Original post by ROC10
What did you write for that question?

Hi my name is ali. i am part of the team
Hi my name is mahmoud(lol i think thats his name)
hi my name is nour.
you?
Reply 67
Original post by gwagon
Hi my name is ali. i am part of the team
Hi my name is mahmoud(lol i think thats his name)
hi my name is nour.
you?

I really didn't know what to write so I just quickly wrote down something at the end like: "A", "B", "C" (where A, B and C are the names). I know it's wrong but it was only one mark, and if the question was wrong they'll probably have to remove the mark altogether.
Reply 68
Did anyone else think there was a real lack of space to answer most questions?
Reply 69
Original post by ROC10
Did anyone else think there was a real lack of space to answer most questions?

I thought I was the only one! I had to write in minuscule handwriting! Same story for Physics!
I'm praying for a C guys...

How did you all find this exam? - because I haven't went into an exam before and actually looked at the paper and say "don't have a clue" - I did revise, but not as much programming. I thought the exam would be more knowledge based.

I only need 4/60. (Depends on the boundaries)

It seemed like an exam that would benefit some much more than others.

I think the C boundary will be lower but the A boundary will be higher, if that makes any sense? I think the exam was in favour of level A candidates than Level C and B.

But who knows? I could have done better than I think...

I think I've got 12/60. So I'm doubting I've got a B. Then again, I got an A in higher maths last year, so I could be in for a surprise... Hopefully.

//phone

Hence, poorer English.
(edited 7 years ago)
This will be interesting.
Hey guys, it's Nicole. Someone hand over a project for me? I have no chance please help. Thank you. Peace out.
Does anyone know of some good AH CS revision materials aside from Scholar? I'm getting sick of looking at their website all the time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending