The Student Room Group

Open days?

So, has anybody booked any open days, or are you thinking of going to any?
I'm booked in for Newcastle, Manchester, Sheffield, Leicester, Hull and York! All are in June, apart from Sheffield which is in July :smile:
I've only booked Sheffield so far but I also want to go to Leeds and Manchester open day only problem is train tickets fron London are so expensive 😥 does anybody happen to know if there's anyway of getting cheaper train tickets?
Original post by AinaraVasquez
I've only booked Sheffield so far but I also want to go to Leeds and Manchester open day only problem is train tickets fron London are so expensive 😥 does anybody happen to know if there's anyway of getting cheaper train tickets?

16-25 railcard gives you a discount off peak so great for Saturday open days, otherwise see if you could bring a parent (many people go with parents) or go with a friend and offer some money for petrol costs
Reply 3

16-25 railcard, book in advance and avoid peak times if possible.
Reply 4

Tbh i'd just book one or two and not worry too much. They're all lovely unis and pretty similar. (I went to all). They all blend into one for me. Most open days are exactly the same and don't show you anything you can't get from the prospectus and the website. They're a bit of a waste of time, you're better to go visit once you have offers and are trying to narrow down a firm and an insurance choice. That saves you wasting money visiting places you may not end up wanting to choose or not even get offers from.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending