The Student Room Group

Surrey or Royal Holloway for Business Management?

Just got an offer from both of ABB. And both have a course ranking of 4 stars.

Royal Holloway +:
-It's a campus uni in a quiet area of Surrey
-Part of the University of London and a better name (being one of 10 unis in the UK that have elite teaching standards - 5*, 5 and 4 only)
-Higher on the overall rankings
-RHUL's and Surrey's Business/Management courses are similar on the Time rankings
-I want to do an Msc in Management at LSE and RHUL being part of the UoL gives me a better chance

University of Surrey +:
-Has a confirmed year in industry, while RHUL states it can arrange a placement while being overly vague
-Has higher employability rankings and salaries on graduation, but as i will certainly do an MsC at a much better uni such as LSE, City or Cranfield (hopefully), this won't matter much

So, what in your opinion should i do?
Reply 1
rhul
Reply 2
DeskJet
Just got an offer from both of ABB. And both have a course ranking of 4 stars.

Royal Holloway +:
-Part of the University of London and a better name (being one of 10 unis in the UK that have elite teaching standards - 5*, 5 and 4 only)
-Higher on the overall rankings
-RHUL's and Surrey's Business/Management courses are similar on the Time rankings
-I want to do an Msc in Management at LSE and RHUL being part of the UoL gives me a better chance

University of Surrey +:
-Has a confirmed year in industry, while RHUL states it can arrange a placement while being overly vague
-Has higher employability rankings and salaries on graduation, but as i will certainly do an MsC at a much better uni such as LSE, City or Cranfield (hopefully), this won't matter much

So, what in your opinion should i do?

Have you emailed the course tutors in Rhul? Prospectuses can be vague sometimes, if you ask I'm sure they'll clear it up for you.
In my opinion you should go for Royal Holloway. As you say it has a much better overall reputation and I have three friends studying managament there now and they both really enjoy it (well one is doing management with french, one is doing management and spanish and the other is doing management modules as part of european studies).
PLUS it's got a very favourable girl-boy ratio if you're a straight boy (not really that important but it's a happy consequence).

Latest

Trending

Trending