The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

University of Lincoln

I'm looking at going to the University of Lincoln (starting in 2016) as I love the look of the campus and accommodation and the course I want to do sounds exactly how I'd like it. But I was wondering if anybody who goes there could give me advice on what it's like? Also, if you study Law that'd be even better as that's what I'm hopeful of studying! Thank you!
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2

I'm more talking about the teaching quality and the campus but thanks hahaha
Original post by Kyjai
I'm looking at going to the University of Lincoln (starting in 2016) as I love the look of the campus and accommodation and the course I want to do sounds exactly how I'd like it. But I was wondering if anybody who goes there could give me advice on what it's like? Also, if you study Law that'd be even better as that's what I'm hopeful of studying! Thank you!

Hi there,

Good choice! Law is one of Lincoln's particularly notable subjects. I studied Journalism but did a few modules on Media Law and absolutely loved it. The academics are really helpful and explain everything really clearly. I thought I'd never be able to remember anything about Law as I hadn't studied it before, but all the lectures were engaging and I found it all really interesting!

There's a real sense of community amongst Law students and there's a great Law Society which provides amazing support, networking opportunities, special guest lectures and, not to mention, socials! http://www.lincolnlawsoc.com/

Hope this helps! :smile:

Georgia
(Lincoln Journalism Graduate & Social Media Officer)
Reply 4
Original post by UniLincolnRep
Hi there,

Good choice! Law is one of Lincoln's particularly notable subjects. I studied Journalism but did a few modules on Media Law and absolutely loved it. The academics are really helpful and explain everything really clearly. I thought I'd never be able to remember anything about Law as I hadn't studied it before, but all the lectures were engaging and I found it all really interesting!

There's a real sense of community amongst Law students and there's a great Law Society which provides amazing support, networking opportunities, special guest lectures and, not to mention, socials! http://www.lincolnlawsoc.com/

Hope this helps! :smile:

Georgia
(Lincoln Journalism Graduate & Social Media Officer)

Ah that's great! I'm glad Lincoln has a good review as I really liked the look of it, the law course looked really good because they have so many modules to choose from! Also do you have any advice/experience of the accommodation at the university, on and off campus?
Original post by Kyjai
Ah that's great! I'm glad Lincoln has a good review as I really liked the look of it, the law course looked really good because they have so many modules to choose from! Also do you have any advice/experience of the accommodation at the university, on and off campus?

Hi there,

I do indeed! Although I'm not too sure how much I can help because they all have similar strengths. All of the accommodation is really close to campus so I wouldn't worry about location too much when applying, they're all in walking distance! A lot of first years tend to go to on campus or University partnership halls so you may want to apply to them to make sure you're among fellow new starters. I already lived in the city when I started my course but I had friends staying in the Student Village, The Junxion, Brayford Quay, Park Court and Pavilions and I never really heard any differing opinions on any of them! Although depending on price some have TV's and larger beds and lots of other options. I'd recommend taking a look at the accomodation website and making sure to read what all of them offer and weighing up the pros and cons of price.
https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/accommodation/

Hope this helps :smile:

Georgia
Reply 6
Original post by UniLincolnRep
Hi there,

I do indeed! Although I'm not too sure how much I can help because they all have similar strengths. All of the accommodation is really close to campus so I wouldn't worry about location too much when applying, they're all in walking distance! A lot of first years tend to go to on campus or University partnership halls so you may want to apply to them to make sure you're among fellow new starters. I already lived in the city when I started my course but I had friends staying in the Student Village, The Junxion, Brayford Quay, Park Court and Pavilions and I never really heard any differing opinions on any of them! Although depending on price some have TV's and larger beds and lots of other options. I'd recommend taking a look at the accomodation website and making sure to read what all of them offer and weighing up the pros and cons of price.
https://www.lincoln.ac.uk/home/accommodation/

Hope this helps :smile:

Georgia

Yeah that site is very helpful thank you! I wasn't sure whether it'd be a better option to stay in courts for the first year or to go straight to accommodation like the junxion or the pavilions because I really like the look of them?
Reply 7
Hi, I've just finished my first year and stayed in Pavilions. To be honest it's pretty similar to Courts, and there's mostly first years here too. So just pick what you like the look of most and don't worry you'll 'miss out' on anything :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by KA1995
Hi, I've just finished my first year and stayed in Pavilions. To be honest it's pretty similar to Courts, and there's mostly first years here too. So just pick what you like the look of most and don't worry you'll 'miss out' on anything :smile:

Really what's it like? I loved the look of it x
Reply 9
I live in a 5 person flat, so we all have a bedroom with an en suite each, and then we share a kitchen/living room, if you go on the website they have a thing where you can 'look around' a flat. The staff are really friendly and repairs usually get done the same or next day. I really like it here, I'm staying next year too :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest