The Student Room Group

Gcse business studies unit 2 aqa

How did u all find the unit 2business exam?...
What do u think the grade boundaries will be..&what did u guys get for the profit margain question what percentage?? Oh and what source of finance did u put for the production line? I know it was meant to be debentures but i wrote loan😓towards the end however in my conclusion i changed my argument is that allowed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by EXAMS//2015
How did u all find the unit 2business exam?...
What do u think the grade boundaries will be..&what did u guys get for the profit margain question what percentage?? Oh and what source of finance did u put for the production line? I know it was meant to be debentures but i wrote loan😓towards the end however in my conclusion i changed my argument is that allowed?

I'm sure they will accept a range of things as long as you explain why you would advise it.

I also advised a loan but I mentioned that they could get an overdraft or sell off some of their assets such as unused stock and machinery. I didn't mention debentures at all because I never learnt about it. I doubt you would lose 9 marks for not talking about debentures, there is never a single right answer with business studies.
Exactly, its a 9 marker, you had to say 2 points with positive then negative for example bank loan, immediate source of finance, causing them to be able to meet the demand of the warehouse'so increase in price whereas in the long run the negative is that there are high interest rates

The percentage was 5%
How did you all find it
They where sneaky as well because they changed the order of the years meaning for the next question some people might of thought that there was an increase in net profit margin when infact there was a decrease

And how did u. Find the centralisation question

Overall it was a really nice paper

Original post by The Nail
I'm sure they will accept a range of things as long as you explain why you would advise it.

I also advised a loan but I mentioned that they could get an overdraft or sell off some of their assets such as unused stock and machinery. I didn't mention debentures at all because I never learnt about it. I doubt you would lose 9 marks for not talking about debentures, there is never a single right answer with business studies.
Reply 3
I didn't realise there was a centralisation question, was that the last 9 marker?

For that I said that she should pay bonuses to whoever employs the most temps as it motivates all the staff and eases the worry of them being made redundant as there would be some competition between them. Rather than promoting some of the employees which would demotivate those who didn't get promoted even more and may put pressure on those who did get promoted.

I purely wrote about motivational issues and I didn't mention centralisation at all, I hope I've still managed to answer it right.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
I didn't realise there was a centralisation question, was that the last 9 marker?

For that I said that she should pay bonuses to whoever employs the most temps as it motivates all the staff and eases the worry of being them being made redundant as there would be some competition between them. Rather than promoting some of the employees which would demotivate those who didn't get promoted even more and may put pressure on those who did get promoted.

I purely wrote about motivational issues and I didn't mention centralisation at all, I hope I've still managed to answer it right.

I wrote that as well, can you remember the first question?
Reply 5
Original post by L2eds01

The very first question or the first 9 marker?

The very first question was 2 features of an ltd. I said that an ltd has limited liability and they can't sell shares on the stock exchange, only to friends or family.

The first 9 marker was on pricing strategies and how Dave could keep his current customers whilst attracting new customers. I said that he should use penetration pricing for the cafe and the paintballing activity as there are competitors nearby. However, for the laser tag activity I advised that he should charge a high price at first as there are no competitors for miles and he can then start skimming the price if he feels as if he has to. I also mentioned psychological pricing.
Reply 6
The very first question or the first 9 marker?

The very first question was 2 features of an ltd. I said that an ltd has limited liability and they can't sell shares on the stock exchange, only to friends or family.

The first 9 marker was on pricing strategies and how Dave could keep his current customers whilst attracting new customers. I said that he should use penetration pricing for the cafe and the paintballing activity as there are competitors nearby. However, for the laser tag activity I advised that he should charge a high price at first as there are no competitors for miles and he can then start skimming the price if he feels as if he has to. I also mentioned psychological pricing.

Yeah I got similar, what did you put for the question about moving to one central office? I put it she would save cash on wages for advantage and she would lose local knowledge for disadvantage
what pricing methods did everyone put?
Reply 8
Original post by lilyjacks

i put penetration pricing and price skimming
Reply 9
Original post by L2eds01
Yeah I got similar, what did you put for the question about moving to one central office? I put it she would save cash on wages for advantage and she would lose local knowledge for disadvantage

As an advantage I said she could do better quality checks more frequently to ensure customers get a good quality service.

As a disadvantage I said that staff would be threatened with redundancies.

I basically just expanded on what was in the source, which I may not have read properly.
oh good but will i loose marks in my conclusion, because in the 2nd 9 marker i said loan to begin with but in my conclusion i said that i now disagree and think a debenture would be a better idea?:/
silly me.
oh good but will i loose marks in my conclusion, because in the 2nd 9 marker i said loan to begin with but in my conclusion i said that i now disagree and think a debenture would be a better idea?:/
silly me.

You're more likely to gain marks just for mentioning a different source of finance, they are not marking you on your opinion but on your knowledge, you won't lose marks for having a change of mind towards the end of a question. That's why I try to mention as many different things as possible.
The centralisation was the 6 marker about Central business
Original post by L2eds01
U could say many points
Original post by Samfurness98
The centralisation was the 6 marker about Central business
what o u think the grade boundaries will be out of 60? for both papers
btw sorry to bug u guys but desperate measures here..

i know its the wrong thread but u guys seem like the only friendly people round here:frown: and u don't ignore me

so English lit AQA
my coursework: A (worth 25%)
unit 1 i'm SO scared about think i messed it up so SAY i get a C on it as the v minimum..what grade would i need in poetry to pull it up to an A overall?

OR say i got a B in in, what grade would i need in poetry to get an A overall? pls reply is tearing me up!
Reply 16
Original post by lilyjacks

I put premium as they could charge a high price because the laser tag was a unique selling point because nobody in the nearby area offered it
btw sorry to bug u guys but desperate measures here..

i know its the wrong thread but u guys seem like the only friendly people round here:frown: and u don't ignore me

so English lit AQA
my coursework: A (worth 25%)
unit 1 i'm SO scared about think i messed it up so SAY i get a C on it as the v minimum..what grade would i need in poetry to pull it up to an A overall?

OR say i got a B in in, what grade would i need in poetry to get an A overall? pls reply is tearing me up!

It depends on how many marks and how many UMS points you've got, not on how many A's or B's you've got. If you got an A in the coursework then that would be between 40 and 45 UMS. You would need 160 UMS for an A overall, so you would need another 115 - 120 UMS in the two exams. Unit 1 is worth 80 UMS (40%) and Unit 2 is worth 70 UMS (35%), but if you got a C in unit 1 which is between 48 - 56 UMS, then you would probably need between 61 - 70 UMS for Unit 2.

So, if you got a C in Unit 1 then you would probably need an A* in the poetry to get an A. If you got a B in Unit 1 then you would probably need a strong A in the poetry exam.

However, you don't know how you've done, often if you think you've done bad then you've actually done great. The best idea is to not worry about what has already been done and focus on nailing any upcoming exams, such as your poetry exam.
what o u think the grade boundaries will be out of 60? for both papers

45/60 A*
It depends on how many marks and how many UMS points you've got, not on how many A's or B's you've got. If you got an A in the coursework then that would be between 40 and 45 UMS. You would need 160 UMS for an A overall, so you would need another 115 - 120 UMS in the two exams. Unit 1 is worth 80 UMS (40%) and Unit 2 is worth 70 UMS (35%), but if you got a C in unit 1 which is between 48 - 56 UMS, then you would probably need between 61 - 70 UMS for Unit 2.

So, if you got a C in Unit 1 then you would probably need an A* in the poetry to get an A. If you got a B in Unit 1 then you would probably need a strong A in the poetry exam.

However, you don't know how you've done, often if you think you've done bad then you've actually done great. The best idea is to not worry about what has already been done and focus on nailing any upcoming exams, such as your poetry exam.

wow help that helped a lot- thanks so much:frown: i know i need to have more self belief, and i really do hope you get whatever you want!i just hope the examiners aren't too strict:/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending