The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

2013/14/15 Psychology (fast track Doctorate) students

Hi I'm Rachael

An older mature student. 40, married with a 9 yr old and will be commuting from Grimsby.

I currently don't drive so really looking forward to the 2 hours each way on the bus, figure I can do some reading or snoozing.

Just finished Access to H.E. with mostly distinctions, have embraced my inner geek and really looking forward to continuing my studies in September lol.

Just wondering does anybody know what hours/days it will be each week? Also those of you already on your journey, what do you wish you had known beforehand?
Original post by Anesidora
Hi I'm Rachael

An older mature student. 40, married with a 9 yr old and will be commuting from Grimsby.

I currently don't drive so really looking forward to the 2 hours each way on the bus, figure I can do some reading or snoozing.

Just finished Access to H.E. with mostly distinctions, have embraced my inner geek and really looking forward to continuing my studies in September lol.

Just wondering does anybody know what hours/days it will be each week? Also those of you already on your journey, what do you wish you had known beforehand?

Is it really 2 hours to Hull? I'm travelling from Grimsby over for the applicant visit days in a few weeks
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Original post by hodophilax
Is it really 2 hours to Hull? I'm travelling from Grimsby over for the applicant visit days in a few weeks

I think it depends on if you use the Humber Bridge or not (there's a £1.50 toll), I think it's less than that if you use it.
EDIT: I missed the bit about the bus, it's probably two hours on the bus but less by car.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Midnight Star
I think it depends on if you use the Humber Bridge or not (there's a £1.50 toll), I think it's less than that if you use it.
EDIT: I missed the bit about the bus, it's probably two hours on the bus but less by car.

Thanks... I had no idea it was that long on the humber flyer :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest