The Student Room Group

Arsey's S15 S1 Model Answers (in first Post)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingaaran
Right, so I missed and didn't see the probability question on scoring 30 points, I went straight to the other part.

Do you think that, if I labelled my answers wrong, because I skipped the part, I won't get any credit for the whole answer :'(

Posted from TSR Mobile

You will lose marks for the part u missed and marked for what you did
Reply 61
How many marks do you think the P(AUC) part will be for question 6?
Reply 62
if i get As in all three papers but they are all just a grade boundary, can you guys just roughly say if overall A is possible?
Original post by Boundless_x
That was such a good paper but I was so ill that I didn't have time to put in my answers because I had to leave the exam hall twice.... Worst day to be ill... Really hating myself rn. :cry2:

Hey, its okay- I'm sure you still did really well. <3

I'm about to check my answers with the mark-scheme. Dreading it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Quite annoyed at this paper now, that H and J que was a bit sneaky. That expected value one is very annoying, I hadn't seen E(x) written like that in a paper before.
For the DRV one I got it only to 0.186624 as I worked out the probability of each occuring to get 30 and must have messed up, hopefully I'll still get 2/3 marks for that.
Cannot judge this now, thought I was on around 90 ums but now...
Quite annoying as I put a lot of work into S1.
Reply 65
Original post by Arsey
Here are my answers.

The questions were worded quite strangely. I don't think they were that difficult once you had worked out what to do.

Boundaries, no idea, I'm not sure what to make of this paper.

can you do a break down of how u think each question was like u have done previously (curious on your opinion compared to previous exams)
Reply 66
With due respect, are you certain you include the outlier in question 1a as part of the range?
Also, I think you misread the question for 2d, as I also initially did and got the same answer as you but then changed it. In the question it says d is the distance of each house FROM the nearest train station. PMCC showed a negative correlation, which means as the price of the houses increased, the distance of the nearest train station FROM the house would fall. Therefore, a more expensive house would have a shorter distance from the nearest train station, is it not? Correct me if I'm wrong, thanks. :smile:
Original post by orangutanswag
Hey I think its meant to be house J that is more expensive as it is closer?

Agree. Negative correlation. Clive
GUYS OMG. So I'm checking my answers right now- and I got the first question wrong. ;( What am I.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Questioner1234
You will lose marks for the part u missed and marked for what you did

Okay thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 70
I got 74/75 because I excluded the outlier. So unlucky.
Reply 71
i was so ill that i completely did not see part c in one question..guys, if you did not state a letter for the part or mixed the letters but got the right answer, would they mark you down? like for example writing " c) 9.67 when it should be d) 9.67 "
would 60 for an A be unreasonable?
Original post by cliverlong
Agree. Negative correlation. Clive

Yeh that's what I put, I got the explanation right but got the letter wrong cuz I put J

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by B Smyth
I got 74/75 because I excluded the outlier. So unlucky.

Thats so gd man

Posted from TSR Mobile
compared to last years exam, this was nothing.
For 5b I used the fact that all the probabilities must add to one, I got the same answer as arsey but he used a different way, Would I still get the marks?
Original post by -Infiniti
compared to last years exam, this was nothing.

I liked last years exam
In this one they mixed topics together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 78
Thanks. Would be good if they accept both.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anon_98
Hey, its okay- I'm sure you still did really well. <3

I'm about to check my answers with the mark-scheme. Dreading it lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thanks and good luck :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending