The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Is it possible to complete a Open University degree in a year?

Is it theoretically possible to complete a open university degree in a year? Say if you studied solidly for 10 hours a day?

Just wondering

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't think you are allowed to do more than 120 credits a year, which makes three years minimum. Plus for some courses you need the level 1 and/or 2 to progress onto level 3 courses. If you have sufficient credit transfer maybe and only need to do 2 3 level courses. But otherwise no it's not possible/allowed.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
That's a shame. I want to go to medical school but I thought I could shorten the course by a year by going for graduate entry via open university. Ahhh wellll. Shame really.

I wonder why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by 1427Phil
That's a shame. I want to go to medical school but I thought I could shorten the course by a year by going for graduate entry via open university. Ahhh wellll. Shame really.

I wonder why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Never say never. :colonhash:

What does your heart tell you?
I'll still be applying I've just finished as levels but I thought I could spend a good proportion of the summer and next year doing an ou degree. Plus if you have a degree a level requirements are lowered which is a plus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Because it's far too much work to study in that amount of time. You'd be expecting to do three times the intensity of full time study - there aren't even enough hours in the day for that.

With the OU (and any degree) modules are only run at certain times. So you need to complete work in an order - this module first, then that, then the next. If you're taking them all at once you'd be taking the courses together, and so the ones you're supposed to study later would make no sense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending