Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jacko1222
Grade boundaries???

A* - 48?
A - 42?
B - 35?
C - 27?
D - 18?

I have never looked at the grade boundaries in my life, just guessing :-)

Nah, it will be
A* - 42
A - 35
B - 30
C - 25
D - 20

or similar, fairly confident on my A* guess though
Original post by Rup1999
Oh God according to this I only got about 36 :frown: I thought I'd do better

It only has 52 marks so you may have 8 other marks that aren't accounted for here
For the oestrogen question would stimulating the lining of the womb to receive the baby count? Because oestrogen does three things: inhibits FSH, stimulates production of LH and the lining of the womb.
Reply 83
Original post by saahil0987
It only has 52 marks so you may have 8 other marks that aren't accounted for here

Ooh thanks for pointing that out! Still have a chance of getting at least an A now...
Reply 84
Original post by Not_a_horse
Lol, one of the joys if any of exams is checking after what people say about it, the banter on twitter is always top notch, especially yesterday's maths paper. :biggrin:

Hahaha I know right XD That lifted my mood after the appalling biology paper
Reply 85
How many questions have been left out of this unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by Rup1999
Ooh thanks for pointing that out! Still have a chance of getting at least an A now...

Tbh I think an A will be 38/9 +

and if you're interested the questions it missed were:
Reason to save endangered speciesDescribing the cholesterol graphDefinition of gene was worth two marks and the definition of a balanced diet isn't on thereLastly, the question on artificial use of steroids isn't there
Original post by jamestg
The answer to the sea weed question is wrong.It's not photosynthesis, it's respiration. Plants respire for growth, they photosynthesise yes to make glucose - but the glucose is used to grow by respiration.

The answer to the liver cell question is also wrong. It didn't ask you to say where they were made - it was where they were controlled, which is the nucleus.

I agree
How did u get 6 for the minimum years??
Original post by J_on_TSR
My school's doing it different b1, c1, p1 counts as 1 gcse then b2,c2,p2 next year and so on so I need to do well in my c1 on tues and p1 on friday! T.T and biolody was meant to be the easy one! *facepalm*

Everyone's gcse's are like that. You get a grade for additional science, a grade for separate science and a grade for combined science. But like you I am trying to understand how our ISA grades fit into this. Maybe the UMS points from each ISA are divided by 3 and given to each of the GCSE's.
Original post by TheTruthTeller
How did u get 6 for the minimum years??

It was 1-2 years for the 1st part then 2-4 for the 1st clinical trial then 1-3 for the 2nd clinical trial then 2-6 for the 3rd ( or along those lines)

so the minimum it could've taken was 1+2+1+2 years = 6 years :smile:
I agree photosynthesis doesnt even use air(oxygen) it would be respiration because the energy produced stimulates chemicals processes
Original post by jamestg
The answer to the sea weed question is wrong.It's not photosynthesis, it's respiration. Plants respire for growth, they photosynthesise yes to make glucose - but the glucose is used to grow by respiration.

The answer to the liver cell question is also wrong. It didn't ask you to say where they were made - it was where they were controlled, which is the nucleus.
Original post by bubbles_99
Everyone's gcse's are like that. You get a grade for additional science, a grade for separate science and a grade for combined science. But like you I am trying to understand how our ISA grades fit into this. Maybe the UMS points from each ISA are divided by 3 and given to each of the GCSE's.

Not quite if you're doing core you will only have one of your ISAs (your best one) sent off, which will be 25% of your overall grade

But if you're doing seperate sciences like me you will have 3 different ISAs for each science (not doing one for b1,c1 or p1 as these are "too easy") you will have this as 25% of the grade for each science
Original post by snowiexo
I agree photosynthesis doesnt even use air(oxygen) it would be respiration because the energy produced stimulates chemicals processes

The actual answer for this question was that it allows the bladder wrack to float up and reach the surface where it can get more sunlight and photosynthesise more which means there is more glucose for respiration from which energy can be released which is used for growth (this was very similar to the last bladder wrack question on the B2 paper last year - they almost recycled it)
Original post by saahil0987
Not quite if you're doing core you will only have one of your ISAs (your best one) sent off, which will be 25% of your overall grade

But if you're doing seperate sciences like me you will have 3 different ISAs for each science (not doing one for b1,c1 or p1 as these are "too easy":wink: you will have this as 25% of the grade for each science

ohh okay thanks for clearing that up. I am doing separate science as well so i didn't know about how it worked for combined science.
Reply 95
Original post by bubbles_99

Oh XD
Reply 96
Original post by jamestg
The answer to the sea weed question is wrong.

It's not photosynthesis, it's respiration. Plants respire for growth, they photosynthesise yes to make glucose - but the glucose is used to grow by respiration.

That being said, photosynthesis is part of the process for growth. Just my answer wasn't expanded enough for your liking sorry.
Original post by paxman
Thalidomide was banned for treating leprosy. Only cancer and autoimmune diseases would be correct

You are retarded
Original post by Alexanfiorenza
It was nucleus, I wouldn't worry, it was one mark :smile:

It was ribosome you cocky prick
According to this I done better than i thought, i got between 38-42 depending on how harsh I mark
So reducing a few marks in case, would be about 36??
Is it enough for an A?

Latest

Trending

Trending