The Student Room Group

Ramadan and exams

Scroll to see replies

My last A2 exam was physics and it was during Ramadan this year. It didn't affect my performance.

Don't make excuses. Just fast and put your trust in Allah that you can do it. :smile:
Original post by Paul Dirac
Hello, I'm a Muslim and Ramadan this year falls on 18th June which is the same day as my last exam. I'm slightly worried that this will affect my exam performance because I'll be fasting so I won't have breakfast or be able to drink water during the exam which I always do. Is there any form I can fill out as proof in case I under perform in the exam? Should I just contact my firm choice to let them know? (I took a gap year so I have an unconditional from my insurance, it's the firm choice that I'm worried about.)

Thanks!

Some people claim that when they are fasting they feel more alert than usual. Also, you will be having the traditional sehri meal won't you?- plus it will be only one day and the first Ramadan day so it won't affect you! Remember, if it is meant to be it will happen and a lot of people have done it so why not yourself. I don't see it as a hurdle or problem at all!
It depends. If you think you can manage, fast as usual, if not, don't fast and make up for it after, fast two or three extra days. I live in a muslim community and most parents ban their children from fasting during their exams, we're talking about results that can determine your career choice. So please, do not be silly.
Reply 23
Original post by Alisa59
My last A2 exam was physics and it was during Ramadan this year. It didn't affect my performance.

Don't make excuses. Just fast and put your trust in Allah that you can do it. :smile:

Original post by RevisionNad
Some people claim that when they are fasting they feel more alert than usual. Also, you will be having the traditional sehri meal won't you?- plus it will be only one day and the first Ramadan day so it won't affect you! Remember, if it is meant to be it will happen and a lot of people have done it so why not yourself. I don't see it as a hurdle or problem at all!

Read post 16 and also the dates on the posts. (Sorry about the confusion. :redface: )
Hello, I'm a Muslim and Ramadan this year falls on 18th June which is the same day as my last exam. I'm slightly worried that this will affect my exam performance because I'll be fasting so I won't have breakfast or be able to drink water during the exam which I always do. Is there any form I can fill out as proof in case I under perform in the exam? Should I just contact my firm choice to let them know? (I took a gap year so I have an unconditional from my insurance, it's the firm choice that I'm worried about.)

Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So your username is Paul dirac yet your profile picture is Isaac Newton?
Read post 16 and also the dates on the posts. (Sorry about the confusion. :redface: )

Ah okay! ^^
For some people exams are more than just a couple of hours of questions in a hall, but rather a significant indicator of how they will lead the rest of their life. For example, if all goes well, it is these exams that will InShaAllah take me on to do medicine in university next year. It is these exams that will lead me on to a life long career of helping the sick and ill. In my eyes the rewards of such a career greatly outweighs the fact that I'll be missing a couple of fasts. It will also lead me onto a secure career with a stable income, which I can use to fulfil zakaat and charity throughout my life. Also, it is not like I am not going to make up the fasts. I fully intend on making up the fasts after Eid, along with the 6 fasts of Shawwal. Lastly, Islam places great importance on education, and encourages us to seek knowledge and use it for the better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending