The Student Room Group

Maths exam

Did anyone else mess up on maths? i used to get a* on all past papers and in this paper i only just scraped a B:frown: im gutted. any help on what u guys think the grade boundaries will be?
Reply 1
Probably really low! I'm hoping so. I'm just going through all the predicted papers online. Some good ones on youtube!
Reply 2
Same... I was confident i should secure 75 Marks + But i think i've got around 50+ which is just scraping a B felt so dissapointed however i'm putting my effort into calculator paper, trying to get above 80 marks so i can secure an A.

Here is what i think grade boundaries will be: A*-160(Maybe be 1 or 2 marks lower) A-130 (Maybe 1 or 2 marks lower) B -90 C-50 D-40
Reply 3
I think during an exam you are under more stress, and as we all know, stress makes you more prone to make mistakes. This is why you may drop so many marks from silly mistakes.
Reply 4
The predicted paper says that vectors will not be in the next one. Wasted a lot of revision if that's true!
Reply 5
Considering that last year's ground boundaries were: 164 for an A*, 133 for an A, 95 for a B. 57 for C and 28 for a D

This year roughly 159 A*, 128 A, 90 B, 55 and 27 D

This exam was in the news which mentioned how difficult the exams were, so the grade boundaries will be lowered in my opinion.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest