The Student Room Group

I'm plump but very pretty - why can't I find a serious bf?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
How do you mean proportionately? I dont even exercise haha, and I like my food so am a bit apple shaped :banana:

I just want a guy whos nice yes. gym addicts like awful muscular girls anyway :nope:

Yes Im ok when you get to know me but have pretty high standards not re: guys but peoples behaviour :smile:

The type of guy you go for is likely to also want a similarly nice girl. And to be honest you don't sound like a particularly nice person. You want acceptance for being overweight, which is fair enough, but then you go around calling girls with muscle awful and implying that slim girls starve themselves. That's awfully hypocritical. The girls in the picture are all really pretty, so if you have a problem it's probably not your weight, it's your personality.
If you want a guy who is nice and likes you for who you are, would you really want to date someone who is shallow enough to only care about physical appearance anyway? Plenty of guys can instantly see past that, sometimes people just have to be patient and the right person will come along.
I dont want dick pics :tongue:

I only explained Im pretty so people understood I had that as well as being overweight :redface: Im not that judgmental, its mostly towards strangers. For example this girl was turning the newspaper really loudly and slowly on the bus today, I glared at her till she got off :lol:

I'm not easy, and not everyone flirts with me, just the guys who seem to be friends wit hme for only that reason (which is most of my guy friends :cry:)

Its behavior like that which is probably holding you back, it would just be awkward to be your boyfriend
Original post by James2015
Its behavior like that which is probably holding you back, it would just be awkward to be your boyfriend

only if he was super passive

Or wanted to spend time in your company...
I dont think it's arrogant to say you're pretty. I think my face is pretty but I don't have a nice figure. I naturally do but I'm overweight. When I was slim i had good proportions.

I have struggled my whole life to meet someone. I've had many guys interested but I haven't met anyone I liked back. I only find a tiny proportion of men attractive. You will meet someone eventually :-)

No one is perfect and the majority of people understand that and accept it. I wouldn't want to be around someone who constantly judges others including myself about the things they do wrong or are not that good at. If you are the way you described yourself physically i would definitely be asking you out but if i got to know you i think this part of your personality would put me off.
You sounds a bit image centered, perhaps it isn't your appearance preventing you finding a boyfriend. Or perhaps it's your opinion of your appearance that's the problem.
we all judge tbh!!

I don't go around boasting about my appearance :smile:

Don't or can't?
Reply 89
I'm not obese, just don't like to starve myself!! I have a figure like these girls (please ignore the text!!!)

https://hadass420.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/thick-girls.jpg

I'm also TBH quite pretty, blonde, blue eyed and look pretty much like the girl David tenant married:

http://cdn23.us3.fansshare.com/photos/georgiamoffett/georgia-horsley-551074585.jpg

However I can't find a serious bf, I am a bit judgmental till you get to know me and definitely close to my girlfriends which seems to intimidate guys but though I often get guys flirting with me (even my friends) most of them never seem to want to take it further. And the ones who do have been quite stalkerish/creepy sometimes (like following me to my workplace!!) so I'm not fussy but not dated them. Or they're guys a lot older I only want to be friends with..

Is weight that much of an issue for guys? Being blonde and blue eyed doesnt seem to help these days :cry:

Being curvy is good...at least I think it is :wink: being blonde and blue eyed depends on the guy, personally, I think it's good :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
How do you mean proportionately? I dont even exercise haha, and I like my food so am a bit apple shaped :banana:

I just want a guy whos nice yes. gym addicts like awful muscular girls anyway :nope:

Yes Im ok when you get to know me but have pretty high standards not re: guys but peoples behaviour :smile:

Or they like girls who take care of their health and fitness and look good - oh and maybe ones who aren't judgemental, vain, mind-numbingly boring little bitches.

But no, you're right, plenty of ugly (on the outside and the inside) girls gets boyfriends, so it just sucks to be you.
Losing weight is just not for me, I like food too much :smile:

besides loads of overweight girls have bfs

Well then, don't expect too much for your potential boyfriends.

I go to the gym often and I prefer larger girls, dont generalise!
Yeah I am overweight. My face is pretty though, no fat there (thanks mum! :ahee:)!!

wanna talk more about it? pm me if you want :smile:
Original post by Mezza362
I dont think it's arrogant to say you're pretty. I think my face is pretty but I don't have a nice figure. I naturally do but I'm overweight. When I was slim i had good proportions.

I have struggled my whole life to meet someone. I've had many guys interested but I haven't met anyone I liked back. I only find a tiny proportion of men attractive. You will meet someone eventually :-)

aw, sorry to hear about that ,best of luck in the future :smile:
I'm not obese, just don't like to starve myself!! I have a figure like these girls (please ignore the text!!!)

https://hadass420.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/thick-girls.jpg

I'm also TBH quite pretty, blonde, blue eyed and look pretty much like the girl David tenant married:

http://cdn23.us3.fansshare.com/photos/georgiamoffett/georgia-horsley-551074585.jpg

However I can't find a serious bf, I am a bit judgmental till you get to know me and definitely close to my girlfriends which seems to intimidate guys but though I often get guys flirting with me (even my friends) most of them never seem to want to take it further. And the ones who do have been quite stalkerish/creepy sometimes (like following me to my workplace!!) so I'm not fussy but not dated them. Or they're guys a lot older I only want to be friends with..

Is weight that much of an issue for guys? Being blonde and blue eyed doesnt seem to help these days :cry:

Honey, you sound a LOT like me in the way you look! I also don't think you sound like a horrible person at all, major character assassination going on here... I quickly realised that people on TSR are very eager to put down overweight people and this doesn't mirror people in the real world at all. I think it's great that you're confident, and I don't see why that's so offensive to people!
I've dated larger guys, skinny guys, average guys too and they were all attracted to me. (I'm larger than you too from the sounds of it, although not much) They didn't have fetishes or anything they were just normal nice guys. At the end of the day don't go for people who will try and make you change. You are in charge of your body. If you want to change great for you but don't let anyone fool you into thinking they can tell you what to do with your body.
So yes, weight does make it harder to find people on initial attraction, but honestly just go for it. Be flirty and be yourself, for all you've described yourself as, because if you're looking to find someone to be in a relationship with you have to be comfortable with them. Meeting new people really helps but it's the kind of people. You won't necessarily meet people in a night club for example. Like you said, go for nice guys who will appreciate you. Basically think of the majority of people who have commented on this thread and go for the opposite of them instead of trying to win people like that over.
I know this isn't much help, but I just wanted to put some positivity out there. Sometimes there isn't an obvious reason why it hasn't happened, the right person just hasn't come along. If the pictures are accurate I don't think it's your looks though. Mos't guys aren't as picky as their pride would have you think, and I think the girls in those pictures were beautiful :smile:
hmmmm I can be you "boyfriend"
Original post by saeed97
Wrong, men DO want curves. Just not when theyre on your stomach, back and neck (chins).

Or one big curve.
Reply 98
Original post by missmillie12345
snip

Her problem isn't her weight, and that isn't exactly the main point of contention here. It's her attitude.
Being a bit judgemental can be quite a problem, plus they might just be very fearful of rejection. Just come across as more approachable & friendly & then you might have better luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending