The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

Current Physiotherapy Students

Hi all

Are there any current Physiotherapy students here? I've got a place for 2015 entry and I have a couple of questions.

Cheers
Original post by jon33
Hi all

Are there any current Physiotherapy students here? I've got a place for 2015 entry and I have a couple of questions.

Cheers

Hi, I've got a place to start in 2015 to!
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I've just finished first year at ysj, so ask away 😀
Hi!
How bad is it really? Like we're you nervous to start? I've wanted to do this for 13 years and now I'm able to start learning I'm absolutely petrified! I'm so nervous and that's not like me at all! I'm worried about all of it! I'm not able to move to York to study so I'm just commuting and I'm worried that I won't be as close to everyone as I'm assuming most will be living in York? How did your placement go? And finally how much time off throughout the year do you actually get? And are they any written exams haha?
Sorry to bombard you!
Reply 4
Original post by Kirstiemarie21
Hi!
How bad is it really? Like we're you nervous to start? I've wanted to do this for 13 years and now I'm able to start learning I'm absolutely petrified! I'm so nervous and that's not like me at all! I'm worried about all of it! I'm not able to move to York to study so I'm just commuting and I'm worried that I won't be as close to everyone as I'm assuming most will be living in York? How did your placement go? And finally how much time off throughout the year do you actually get? And are they any written exams haha?
Sorry to bombard you!

Yes I was really nervous at first. You'll be put at ease straight away and soon make plenty of friends, it's always a close group 😄 I'm commuting this year but there's still plenty of opportunity to join in.

I'll break down the course for you:
Semester 1:
Foundations of physiotherapy 1 - Assessed with a 30 minute practical
Professional development - 3,500 word essay
Christmas approx. 5 weeks
Semester 2:
Foundations of physiotherapy 2 - 30 minute practical
Exercise, rehabilitation and health promotion - 3,000 word essay
Easter approx 4 weeks
Placement - assessed on a pass/fail over the 5 weeks based on learning outcomes. Mine went really well and so did most others, there was delays sending people out but the system is changing so this shouldn't affect you much.

Hope this helps, happy to answer anymore questions if you have any
Oh that's brilliant thankuou, your out my mind at ease now! The only other thing I wanted to know was what the timetable is like, as I've heard you only get 7 weeks off a year? But if your only on placement for 5 weeks what do you do all summer?
Reply 6
Oh that's brilliant thankuou, your out my mind at ease now! The only other thing I wanted to know was what the timetable is like, as I've heard you only get 7 weeks off a year? But if your only on placement for 5 weeks what do you do all summer?

I finished on the 28th May and am off until September now, so you definitely get more than 7 weeks off! After Christmas and Easter there are exams, so some prep is needed over holidays but not for the full period, summer is completely free
Reply 7
Hi!
Sorry to bombard you!

Hi I'm a mature student so I'm not staying in York either, I'll be commuting!
Original post by jon33
Hi I'm a mature student so I'm not staying in York either, I'll be commuting!

Oh that' makes me feel better, I was starting to worry hah! Are you just starting in September?
Reply 9
Oh that' makes me feel better, I was starting to worry hah! Are you just starting in September?

Yep!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending