The Student Room Group

"Today on rappers say the dumbest things..."

What makes me laugh is Snoop Dogg calling out the media and other celebs for apparently being "attention whores". Lol. A guy who was desperate for publicity when he evolved like a Pokemon into "Snoop Lyin'"

Yes what Akon is doing is good, but of he cares that much about the media coverage maybe he doesnt care that much for the communities he's buying solar panels for? When you do charity work you do it because you care and not because you want attention from the media.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/05/snoop-dogg-calls-caitlyn-jenner-a-science-project-5231847/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Correct me if I am wrong, but is it not Snoop Dogg not Akon who wants this media attention? Why would you call out Akon? And Snoop Dogg has a point no matter what you think of him. The media focuses attention on Caitlyn Jenner and her transformation, (good on her and all that) but shouldn't we be highlighting the important issues of steady electricity to Africa for the first time ever?

(Not very good at articulation, sorry if it doesn't make sense)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by datpiff
What makes me laugh is Snoop Dogg calling out the media and other celebs for apparently being "attention whores". Lol. A guy who was desperate for publicity when he evolved like a Pokemon into "Snoop Lyin'"

Yes what Akon is doing is good, but of he cares that much about the media coverage maybe he doesnt care that much for the communities he's buying solar panels for? When you do charity work you do it because you care and not because you want attention from the media.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/06/05/snoop-dogg-calls-caitlyn-jenner-a-science-project-5231847/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nahhh I think snoop dog is justified, people should be commending akon, he's doing something that will help people, Jenner's transformation is something first world people concern themselves about.
Also "you do it because you care and not because you want attention from the media"- this could also apply to Jenner, if she's transformed for herself it's not necessary to showcase it to the media like no man's job.
Original post by KingdomOfTheLord
Nahhh I think snoop dog is justified, people should be commending akon, he's doing something that will help people, Jenner's transformation is something first world people concern themselves about.
Also "you do it because you care and not because you want attention from the media"- this could also apply to Jenner, if she's transformed for herself it's not necessary to showcase it to the media like no man's job.

That's what I was trying to say, thanks for that mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by datpiff

Posted from TSR Mobile

But he's absolutely right. Jenner's sex change doesn't need to concern anyone but herself and her family. Akon is doing something that's changing the lives of 600 million people. Akon deserves this publicity way more then Jenner.

The media does need to sort out its priorities.
Reply 5
Fair points

I still think it reflects poorly on Snoop. There are better ways to give good causes publicity without resorting to insult others. It doesn't help hip-hop brush off it's anti LGBT label. I'm just tired of that sort of **** (sexism, anti LGBT sentiment, anti-Jewish sentiment). It holds the art form back, but I guess you can take the cat out the jungle but not take the jungle out the cat

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by datpiff
Fair points

I still think it reflects poorly on Snoop. There are better ways to give good causes publicity without resorting to insult others. It doesn't help hip-hop brush off it's anti LGBT label. I'm just tired of that sort of **** (sexism, anti LGBT sentiment, anti-Jewish sentiment). It holds the art form back, but I guess you can take the cat out the jungle but not take the jungle out the cat

Posted from TSR Mobile

But by insulting him, it's caused a media-****storm. Now people are actually aware of what Akon is doing. That's how I found out about it in the first place. It probably was the most efficient way to get it publicity tbh.
Reply 7
he's right
Reply 8
People are mad because of the latest ESPN Arthur Ashe Courage Award where they decided to give said award to Jenner over much MUCH more deserving candidates purely because she is a celebrity and because she most definitely exchanged interview rights. Yes it was insensitive for snoop dog to call Jenner a science project however his point was extremely valid, made in the wake of that and accurately represents the general disgust a lot of people are feeling. Caitlyn Jenner is not a hero for having an elective surgery that is pretty normal now and having said surgery then referring to your multi million dollar mansion to recover while raking it in does not make you courageous.

both ESPN and Jenner have disgraced the award and they deserve every ounce of hatred coming their way. Also the publicity for Akon is a huge positive, he deserves it.
Reply 9
Original post by Zargabaath
But by insulting him, it's caused a media-****storm. Now people are actually aware of what Akon is doing. That's how I found out about it in the first place. It probably was the most efficient way to get it publicity tbh.

Thats a good point. It just makes me realise you cant believe a thing what a lot of celebs say on Twitter. They have their advisors, etc. I suppose its naive to think that its the celebs themselves who have complete control over their twitter page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hyouyuri_hc
That's what I was trying to say, thanks for that mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you're not being sarcastic you're welcome...mate.

(mate is my word)

(yus I own a word) :smile:

Quick Reply