The Student Room Group

Mobile Devices: Would you own this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Its called phablet i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dark-vector
I wouldn't own one as I find large phones quite unwieldy (Google really should do something to address large screen sizes + Android), but mocking someone for owning a large phone seems stupid.

I think Apple failed to even utilise the larger screens on their flagships, yet what I find very demonic is that society frowns upon any large mobile device that is Not an iPhone.
If only people these days saw such innovations in the Notes, rather than blindly branding them as oversized phones. Similarly, the Z Ultra can receive input from anything metal (pencil, keys, craft knife...), but is not as reliable as the Notes' proprietary styluses, and multitasking in this thing is in the form of 'Small Apps', and yet, still inferior to Samsung's interface.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a.a.k
Its called phablet i guess

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think a device should be classified (if its a phone or tablet) by its carrier calling capabilities, and not screen size. I've researched the largest tablets and they are around 24", the size of a small television. Should it be called a television, then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
You compare them average sizes.

Original post by Molothew
Should it be called a television, then?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont know is a just like saying if i put a sim card i TV it becomes a phone.

i dont want start an arguement just stating opinions plz dont take it personally

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by a.a.k
You compare them with average sizes.

I dont know it is a just like saying if in put a sim card i TV it becomes a phone.

i dont want start an arguement just stating opinions plz dont take it personally

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

My personal classification is brought up from demonic members of society (and there are a lot of them) stating that I carry an iPad. Obviously, this is primarily based upon screen size alone. Not having an interest in technology is fine. Using that breadcrumb of knowledge for blind and derogatory statements, crosses the line. Our personal views are almost like our mobile devices of choice: I wanted an amorously large screen combined with power, and yours for own reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Molothew
My personal classification is brought up from demonic members of society (and there are a lot of them) stating that I carry an iPad. Obviously, this is primarily based upon screen size alone. Not having an interest in technology is fine. Using that breadcrumb of knowledge for blind and derogatory statements, crosses the line. Our personal views are almost like our mobile devices of choice: I wanted an amorously large screen combined with power, and yours for own reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with you everyone has their own reasons. I cant imagine how can people view the xperia z ultra in negative sense personally i would be quite interested in having a look at it.

And I find it funny when people call every tablet an iPad.:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by a.a.k
I agree with you everyone has their own reasons. I cant imagine how can people view the xperia z ultra in negative sense personally i would be quite interested in having a look at it.

And I find it funny when people call every tablet an iPad.:ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as I don't want to think of it, such judgement is everywhere. The device has won me over in almost all aspects, from water-resistance, being thinner than the iPhone 6, pencil touch input... But be wary of its drawbacks (vapid camera, prone to flexing, and sometimes, phantom presses).
And yes, its as if the iPad is a legitimate "invention".

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending