The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry exam June 2015 - OFFICIAL THREAD

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by timothygrealish
could be range just because you wrote it doesn't mean it's right

That's why I said the answer is around 38N because many answers may be accepted around that number.
Original post by Boomwakr
I put it isn't strong enough, think it'll count?

yeah they mean practically the same :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by olivialilyholt
Isn't it because it is brittle when it comes out of the furnace so it can be broken easily.

i wrote because it was brittle too and also as cast iron isnt pure so wouldnt conduct electricity as well
Reply 83
Original post by Harry Dickens
I think that people can be unrealistic , jus because this is easy I doesn't mean grade boundaries will go through the roof, think how many easy papers their has been in the past and none have been 50 for A*.
I think
40/41 A
48/49 A*

yeah i agree, or at least hope they aren't really high haha
I put it isn't strong enough, think it'll count?

Technically it's right because they mean the same, but some examiners are picky. I think you'll get the mark though.
Original post by 12284
i wrote because it was brittle too and also as cast iron isnt pure so wouldnt conduct electricity as well

Yep that's completely right :smile:
This was a really nice exam
Original post by varun1212
This was a really nice exam

yOUR NAN
Original post by timothygrealish
yOUR NAN

Well that was offensive.
Reply 89
Original post by ladyrailly
I got 58 for the line one... There were 3 points that had a positive correlation (increasing) and I think the difference in answers was down to which two out of the three you joined up. If you joined the first two you'd have a steeper gradient & you'd probably have a lower answer. If you joined the first and third up you'd have a higher value (40s) & if you joined the last two up (like I did) it'd be close to 55-60.

would 54 be ok? im worried
Reply 90
Original post by TonyN98
The answer to the force needed to break the block was around 38N because if you had drawn the line of best fit correctly, satisfying the first, second and fourth points (from left to right), then you would have been able to extend the line to the y-axis and found that it hits the y-axis at 38N, the exact number depends on how accurately you drew the line.

but it told you one of the points was anomalous so you werent meant to include the very top point I think
Original post by Harry Dickens
I got 54 ? Wbu?

I got 40
Reply 92
anyone know the grade boundaries or an estimate?
Original post by tanari
would 54 be ok? im worried

I think anything between and including 40-60 will be accepted unless AQA have a specific line of best fit in mind
Reply 94
*Does anyone know the answer to:* the name of particles in metal-non metal compounds? Name of particles in non metal-non metal compounds? Properties of a smart polymer? And why vegetable oil has an advantage over water in cooking?

Btw I got 36N for the question on aggregate

I put ions for the particles in non-metals with metals, then for the properties of smart polymers I talked about adding cornstarch to make it biodegradable. Vegetable oils have a higher boiling point than water so it cooks food quicker so it can save money but I'm sure they allow a few alternatives for most of the questions :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
I think I have gotten 47/60 would that be enough for an A* ?????????
Reply 96
What do u guys think an A would be out of 60??
Original post by Annon-3
I put ions for the particles in non-metals with metals, then for the properties of smart polymers I talked about adding cornstarch to make it biodegradable. Vegetable oils have a higher boiling point than water so it cooks food quicker so it can save money but I'm sure they allow a few alternatives for most of the questions :smile:

I think ions is correct, molecules was apparently the name for non metal-non metal compounds. For smart polymers I talked about thermostatting, I don't know if that was correct? And for the vegetable oils I just made up some irrelevant stuff about the oils being unsaturated and therefore better for health or something? Thanks :smile:
Original post by soccerdude007
I personally think that the 6 marker is probably gonna be on the evolution of the atmosphere
AQA made last years 6 marker really easy but this year they could make it harder

THANK YOU WHAT A GUESS ! u saved me !
Original post by Ben_Follester
I think I have gotten 47/60 would that be enough for an A* ?????????

Last year it was 47 marks for an A* (I don't know whether last years was harder or easier), so your on the boundary so possibly yes, however I have a feeling you may unfortunately just get a high A as the test was supposedly easier however it will be dependent on how people collectively performed.

EDIT: Actually in June 2013 it was also 47 Marks for an A* so you may be in luck :wink:
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest