The Student Room Group

IB Subject Help!

Hi,
So at IB level I'm planning to take the following subjects:
HL: English, Business and Geography
SL: Spanish, Math Studies, Environmental Systems and Societies

I was wondering what some relevant career paths would be that would follow on nicely from those choices, to aim for at university. (I'm predicted to get 35-40 points) Did anyone take similar subjects; if so what courses did you take at uni?
Thanks so much!
NimbusClouds
(edited 8 years ago)
Just off the top of my head:

Anything to do with Geography, Urban planning, Land economy, Environmental conservation, maybe even Ecology
Original post by NimbusClouds
Hi,
So at IB level I'm planning to take the following subjects:
HL: English, Business and Geography
SL: Spanish, Math Studies, Environmental Systems and Societies

I was wondering what some relevant career paths would be that would follow on nicely from those choices, to aim for at university. (I'm predicted to get 35-40 points) Did anyone take similar subjects; if so what courses did you take at uni?
Thanks so much!
NimbusClouds

Well unis will generally only look at your HLs in terms of entry requirements, SLs aren't really a big deal. You could do quite a lot of subjects but it all depends on your preferred unis' entry requirements for different courses, if they do ask for anything it's often a subject related to the course. To give you an example, I applied for English Language & Linguistics at King's and they asked for 35 points overall as well as a HL6 in either English Language, English Literature, Psychology or a modern foreign language. This being said, some won't ask for anything aside from a total points score. I wouldn't look at career paths from the subjects themselves, but rather from the courses your subjects allow you to take.
Thank you so much for your help everyone! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest