The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Geography B Unit 3 - Making Geographical Decisions

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by YasminaMohammed
hey, guys I have my mocks on 2015 edexcel geography b unit 1 exam tomorrow . can you please advise what topic to focus on most when revise

Focus on volcanoes as there was an 8
6 marker on that. Also, focus on flood defence for the 8 marker in rivers if you do that. Maybe focus on revising reasons why Edexcel area terrible exam board as well while you're at it. Hope you cheated successfully!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jitesh
Focus on volcanoes as there was an 8
6 marker on that. Also, focus on flood defence for the 8 marker in rivers if you do that. Maybe focus on revising reasons why Edexcel area terrible exam board as well while you're at it. Hope you cheated successfully!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was some very helpful A* advice right there
Original post by stubyyyyy
No point in cheating, learn everything girl!

It is just a mock

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 63
Original post by swagmister
That was some very helpful A* advice right there

None of those topics came up, so it was U advice! Ha!
Reply 64
Original post by DaringDaniel
It is just a mock

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, you're still cheating yourself though. Now your teachers will get false impressions of you. Say you were a D student and got an A, now they would be entering you for higher possibly. But when it comes to exams, you'll be clueless to the best techniques, and could end up with that original (or worse) TMG.

I'm not saying you have to put a lot of effort into them, just revise at least the night before if possible as that is probably what you will do for GCSEs

Did you cheat successfully?
Original post by Jitesh
None of those topics came up, so it was U advice! Ha!

Haha I know I was being sarcastic
Reply 66
Original post by swagmister
Haha I know I was being sarcastic

Well, it's easy to fool year 10s. They believe everything we will say, as we did the exam already :smile:
Original post by Jitesh
Well, it's easy to fool year 10s. They believe everything we will say, as we did the exam already :smile:

Ah yes the pros of being in year 11, deceiving year 10s:u:
Original post by Jitesh
No, you're still cheating yourself though. Now your teachers will get false impressions of you. Say you were a D student and got an A, now they would be entering you for higher possibly. But when it comes to exams, you'll be clueless to the best techniques, and could end up with that original (or worse) TMG.

I'm not saying you have to put a lot of effort into them, just revise at least the night before if possible as that is probably what you will do for GCSEs

Did you cheat successfully?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me cheat you have lost me? What you say is quite right however that is his choice it is not for you to judge.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ireallywantana
Does anyone have some good advice in terms of exam technique on how to do the last q

Yh, that's what i wanna know too.
How do you structure the final answer?
Hey all, just wondering if you have any advice for this exam? I know its been a year since this exam, sorry!
Original post by Mahfuz_A
Yh, that's what i wanna know too.
How do you structure the final answer?

The structure for the 12 mark that i use:
- make your choice
- 3 PEE paragraphs stating why your choice is the best choice (talk about either social, economic or environment -- whatever the question has asked you)
- 2 PEE paragraphs of the negatives of YOUR choice (can be any -- social, economic, or environmental)
- Talk about other options -- 1 PEE paragraph on EACH of the other choices why you didn't choose them
Reply 72
what is on the paper
How did everyone find unit 3?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending