The Student Room Group

S2 WJEC Thread 8th June 2015

Can't see a thread anywhere for this unit so i thought I'd start one.

Scroll to see replies

How are you all feeling about s2 so far?
pretty good tbh. just worried they will throw something from C3 or C4 in as i haven't done those exams. i can deal with integrating sin and cos but know very little else. is there anything else you think they could put in?
I don't think they'll put anything else in... Maybe tan, but I think we get a formula booklet as well as the tables. How come you haven't done pure?
Original post by wobobobob
I don't think they'll put anything else in... Maybe tan, but I think we get a formula booklet as well as the tables. How come you haven't done pure?

i'm in year 12 so and I'm doing s2 in year 12 as part of my FM a level. was either that or FP2 in year 12 ahahh

tan goes to sec am i right when you integrate ?
Original post by matthewdjones
i'm in year 12 so and I'm doing s2 in year 12 as part of my FM a level. was either that or FP2 in year 12 ahahh

tan goes to sec am i right when you integrate ?

No... Tan differentiates to sec^2x and integrates to ln|sec x|
No... Tan differentiates to sec^2x and integrates to ln|sec x|

ahah ok. hope that doesn't come up or anything similar.
how are you doing with S2?
Original post by matthewdjones
ahah ok. hope that doesn't come up or anything similar.
how are you doing with S2?

Decent... I like stats ... Not many questions and a lot of them are linked in style and way of answering. You?
Decent... I like stats ... Not many questions and a lot of them are linked in style and way of answering. You?

Ye same :smile: fave question is uniform distribution even though they can't sometimes be tricky.
Reply 9
How did everyone find it??
Original post by bethanyrr
How did everyone find it??

Thought it was okay apart from question 7 and question 5, what about you?
Original post by steffanjones
Thought it was okay apart from question 7 and question 5, what about you?

I feel the same, pretty sure everyone else does too. The dice question really threw me
I feel the same, pretty sure everyone else does too. The dice question really threw me

In mother Russia, dice throw you

Grade boundaries will be lower than last year and 2013 surely? Both those papers had easy uniform distribution questions and no mention of the central limit theorem in either
Original post by steffanjones
Grade boundaries will be lower than last year and 2013 surely? Both those papers had easy uniform distribution questions and no mention of the central limit theorem in either

That was part of the reason I didn't bother looking at CLT too much. I thought the rest of the paper went alright though. Parts of the uniform caught me out too.
How did everyone approach question 5?
Is there going to be an unofficial mark scheme? I know stats is not that popular but I would appreciate if there was one. I thought the paper was decent personally.
Is there going to be an unofficial mark scheme? I know stats is not that popular but I would appreciate if there was one. I thought the paper was decent personally.

I'm pretty sure they'll be one posted on mathemateg.com
I'm not sure how soon after the exams they're usually posted, but the ones for C1 - C3 are already on there.
(although they are in welsh)
Reply 18
Did anyone actually do question 5. That was a tough question.
Reply 19
I got 0.0418 for question 5. Did anyone else??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending