The Student Room Group

Ocr gateway science additional b3 c3 p3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by franm1
what did you get for the one thats the best fuel?

whichever one had the best energy transfer, the one they gave was wrong. But it was the fuel with 9150 J or something :smile: did you also get this?
Original post by sharkfinn87
whichever one had the best energy transfer, the one they gave was wrong. But it was the fuel with 9150 J or something :smile: did you also get this?

I put that

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 62
what was the answer to the atom economy question

cool im certain that it is the right answer!
Original post by miki_99

72.5 i got
Original post by miki_99

i believe it was 73% :smile:
What did people get for the rowing boat question? I think boat B was marginally quicker as you could see at the top of the graph it was about to go quicker than A. I got something like 2.8 m/s for B and marginally less for A.

Posted from TSR Mobile
For all that i remember i wrote the following:
1. The respirsrion blanks was 602(2s underneath oxygen) amd 6C02 (again 2s at bottom).
2. I wrote fstigue is caused because of lactic acid beinf released as glucose is not broken down properly
3. For the anerobic one i got 60% and no he is using aerobic
4. For the growth range i got 172.5- 145. something like that
5. For the one underneath i wrote that toddlers grow faster and usually at the same height where as a teenager grows at different height including genes etc.
6. 6 mark one i wrote about how enzymes work at different tempertures and something about each catalyst is specific to its own snd that it dont work for notjing else
7. For concenstration i wrote that mpre partixles colliding creating mlre emergy therefore fadter rate of.reaction
8. For the heart I wrote Right atrium and that the left side pushes blood to all parts of the body and that right side does it to lungs the left is.more under pressure
9. Atom eco thing i got 19% roundered up. And that factories use it because to reduce as much waste as possible and to be sustainable
10. For the mass of water i got 75. And i got C to be best fuel and that she is in correct
11. I got Boat A because it was faster and mlre constant
12. I was workong out 6 marks but realised i got 5 minutes left so left it out :frown:

So happy this exam went well as we had no teacher for 2 years good luck for the 4s everyone :smile:
Original post by Rigby16
72.5 i got

was it? oops :/

I thought they were correct because i was going to put that fuel however that used 1.8 G of fuel and the 8000J+ (fuel D) only used 1G so it was more energy for the amount than fuel B
Original post by BoomCha!
What did people get for the rowing boat question? I think boat B was marginally quicker as you could see at the top of the graph it was about to go quicker than A. I got something like 2.8 m/s for B and marginally less for A.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Boat A had faster start/ acceleration but boat B had a faster constant speed and so would win the race.
Original post by bored4687
1. The respirsrion blanks was 602(2s underneath oxygen) amd 6C02 (again 2s at bottom).
2. I wrote fstigue is caused because of lactic acid beinf released as glucose is not broken down properly
5. For the one underneath i wrote that toddlers grow faster and usually at the same height where as a teenager grows at different height including genes etc.
6. 6 mark one i wrote about how enzymes work at different tempertures and something about each catalyst is specific to its own snd that it dont work for notjing else
7. For concenstration i wrote that mpre partixles colliding creating mlre emergy therefore fadter rate of.reaction
8. For the heart I wrote Right atrium and that the left side pushes blood to all parts of the body and that right side does it to lungs the left is.more under pressure
9. Atom eco thing i got 19% roundered up. And that factories use it because to reduce as much waste as possible and to be sustainable
10. For the mass of water i got 75. And i got C to be best fuel and that she is in correct
12. I was workong out 6 marks but realised i got 5 minutes left so left it out :frown:

So happy this exam went well as we had no teacher for 2 years good luck for the 4s everyone :smile:

Thanks for posting your answers, are you going to make an unofficial mark scheme by any chance? :smile:
Reply 72

i put fuel A
Original post by franm1
i put fuel A

I think that is wrong. it was fuel C i think which had 9150 J.

Sorry had to correct some of these :P
7- Higher concentration means more sulfate particles therefore more chance for successful collision between the sulfate and acid particles (Not creates more energy)
8 - It was the right ventricle (I was going to put right atrium however the question underneath mentioned that B has to work harder which was to do with the left ventricle having a thicker wall therefore A must be the other ventricle)
9- The atom economy was 72.5 % (rounded to 73)
Original post by Rigby16
Sorry had to correct some of these :P
7- Higher concentration means more sulfate particles therefore more chance for successful collision between the sulfate and acid particles (Not creates more energy)
8 - It was the right ventricle (I was going to put right atrium however the question underneath mentioned that B has to work harder which was to do with the left ventricle having a thicker wall therefore A must be the other ventricle)
9- The atom economy was 72.5 % (rounded to 73)

Whoops :frown: OH well what about the others did you get the same answers? I had to revise 48 topics in one night, hope I get a C.
Thanks for posting your answers, are you going to make an unofficial mark scheme by any chance? :smile:

Its my first time actually posting answers like this, i'll try to make one by tomorrow :smile:
Whoops :frown: OH well what about the others did you get the same answers? I had to revise 48 topics in one night, hope I get a C.

OCR are notorious for low grade boundaries - afterall it's only 40/75 for an A! meaning a C will be around 23 marks so as long as you got 8/25 on each section which it sounds like you did then you have nothing to worry about.

I too ran out of time so didn't get round to the physics section properly but think i got around 21/25 on the chemistry and 18/25 on the biology alongside 4/25 for physics ahaha so overall, 43 (A)
Its my first time actually posting answers like this, i'll try to make one by tomorrow :smile:

thanks
Original post by Rigby16
OCR are notorious for low grade boundaries - afterall it's only 40/75 for an A! meaning a C will be around 23 marks so as long as you got 8/25 on each section which it sounds like you did then you have nothing to worry about.

I too ran out of time so didn't get round to the physics section properly but think i got around 21/25 on the chemistry and 18/25 on the biology alongside 4/25 for physics ahaha so overall, 43 (A)

OMG really :O that is kinda low but thank god, thanks for telling me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending