The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Mature students

Hey all

Thought it would be nice to see how many mature students are going to hertfordshire :smile: more so so I don't feel like the only one lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will be starting this september and wil be 27. Liviing on the college lane campus.
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by fiend
I will be starting this september and wil be 27. Liviing on the college lane campus.

Snap!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Did you pick the quiet option for your accomdation?
Reply 4
Yes I did for my fourth option my other 3 were studios. How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by linnyloo87
Yes I did for my fourth option my other 3 were studios. How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I picked the quiet option for all my choices. My choices were 1 premium and 3 enchanced.
Reply 6
Original post by fiend
I picked the quiet option for all my choices. My choices were 1 premium and 3 enchanced.

Ah cool :smile: what course are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all! I am a mature student in my second year, and just wanted to reassure you that you won't be alone! :smile: -I'm the second oldest on my course which is annoying, but I don't feel singled out for it :smile: hope your courses go well!
Reply 8
What's classed as mature?
Over 21

Original post by Rajy9
What's classed as mature?
Reply 10
Original post by Jenchanted
Hi all! I am a mature student in my second year, and just wanted to reassure you that you won't be alone! :smile: -I'm the second oldest on my course which is annoying, but I don't feel singled out for it :smile: hope your courses go well!

Thanks :smile: did you live in halls? And also if you don't mind me asking what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I currently live in Watton Hall in De Hav, very noisy!! Haha! I'm studying Model Design and Special Effects :smile: What are you studying?

Thanks :smile: did you live in halls? And also if you don't mind me asking what are you studying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
I currently live in Watton Hall in De Hav, very noisy!! Haha! I'm studying Model Design and Special Effects :smile: What are you studying?

Ah this is why i opted for studios lol i have an anxiety disorder so quite for me is much better! I'm going to be studying biomedical science. Your course sounds amazing! what does special effects entail? I keep imagining movie special effects but i'm probably way off base. If i am sorry!
Ah this is why i opted for studios lol i have an anxiety disorder so quite for me is much better! I'm going to be studying biomedical science. Your course sounds amazing! what does special effects entail? I keep imagining movie special effects but i'm probably way off base. If i am sorry!

Awww! bless you! I understand completely, as I suffer from anxiety in a big way! so if you ever need some support from another student, I'm here to talk too! :smile: If you like you can add me on facebook, I'm Jenny Pixie Ward, I have blue hair so I'm easy to find! hehe! -Actually, you're bang on! it is film effects, like Pyrotechnics and animatronics! :smile: It's always been fascinating! I'm looking more into the character design side though at the moment! :smile: -Now your course sounds very interesting! I'm assuming by the name you will be researching into ways to cure diseases! I could be completely wrong though! But I may be talking to the person who cures cancer! :biggrin:
Reply 14
Awww! bless you! I understand completely, as I suffer from anxiety in a big way! so if you ever need some support from another student, I'm here to talk too! :smile: If you like you can add me on facebook, I'm Jenny Pixie Ward, I have blue hair so I'm easy to find! hehe! -Actually, you're bang on! it is film effects, like Pyrotechnics and animatronics! :smile: It's always been fascinating! I'm looking more into the character design side though at the moment! :smile: -Now your course sounds very interesting! I'm assuming by the name you will be researching into ways to cure diseases! I could be completely wrong though! But I may be talking to the person who cures cancer! :biggrin:

Thanks for the reply :smile: ive added you on facebook im lyndsey Ann taylor on FB btw lol well I'm not sure about curing cancer but I'll deffo be diagnosing it lol I'm really jealous I love movies but not creative enough! If I was Id deffo do horror movies bit of an addict lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hehehe!! I had to be good at something! My brain fails all else! Haha! :tongue: xxx
Hi everyone

I'll be a mature student at hertfordshire this coming sept studying Diagnostic Radiography. I'll be turning 30 (sighs) next year. I won't be living in halls as i am a full time mummy aswell so thought id introduce myself on here!
Reply 17
Over 21

Guess that makes me an immature mature student 😂
Original post by Rajy9
Guess that makes me an immature mature student 😂

Hahaha! That goes for me too! :tongue:
Yeap im 24 doing History with Italian living on campus starting my first year in sept

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending