AS level: DEEU
BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Sciences
Yr. 12: achieved a Distinction grade overall
predicted grades: D*DD
Applied to:
Surrey (pending)
Cardiff (pending)
Leicester (rejected)
Portsmouth - conditional offer (switched to pharmacology course)
Huddersfield - conditional offer medical biochemistry

I was really disappointed with my rejection from leicester but kinda expected it due to my academic history prior to btec which is not so great.. I would honestly be so thrilled if I got an offer from surrey or cardiff and the wait is killing me. The same is for surrey but if I didn't get into leicester, what more with surrey :no:
Does anyone know someone who went to Huddersfield Uni? Did they say if it was nice there?
Biological Sciences. I've applied on the 3rd of October and received my offer on the 5th of November. Thank you :smile:
Original post by LaurenCocking
What did you apply for?
and how long did it take UCL to send out their offer to you?:smile:
Also well done!!!!
Hi guys...

I've applied for biomedical science(s) at Westminster, Middlesex, Bedfordshire and Roehampton then I plan to go on to medicine. I have offers from all, all conditional except for Roehampton who gave me conditional but offered that if I put them as my firm they'll change it to unconditional...A bit pressurizing don't you think.

Just wondering if there's anyone similar :smile:
Reply 283
Original post by uummiiee
Hi guys...

I've applied for biomedical science(s) at Westminster, Middlesex, Bedfordshire and Roehampton then I plan to go on to medicine. I have offers from all, all conditional except for Roehampton who gave me conditional but offered that if I put them as my firm they'll change it to unconditional...A bit pressurizing don't you think.

Just wondering if there's anyone similar :smile:

Hi im planning on taking the same route. Im still deciding on whether to go to westminster or coventry university but its more likely gonna be coventry due to being in the top 15. With this biomedical science course i need to get a first or 2.1 in order to get into medicine, where then after achievinh these will study 4 years of medicine adding up to a total of 7 years in university.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Eeefff
Hi im planning on taking the same route. Im still deciding on whether to go to westminster or coventry university but its more likely gonna be coventry due to being in the top 15. With this biomedical science course i need to get a first or 2.1 in order to get into medicine, where then after achievinh these will study 4 years of medicine adding up to a total of 7 years in university.

Ooo
I was planning to apply to Coventry but I don't know what happened when I was applying. I seemed to forget that the uni existed. Are you going to the applicant day at Westminster on Wednesday?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 285
Original post by uummiiee
Ooo
I was planning to apply to Coventry but I don't know what happened when I was applying. I seemed to forget that the uni existed. Are you going to the applicant day at Westminster on Wednesday?

Hi there.. No im not and iv made the decision of going coventry university finally.. I live in luton and im planning to drive. It takes about 1hr 15 minutes
Original post by Humidhamid
Whos going mmu for biomed foundation year? Hmu

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im doing the biomed foundation year at man met
Original post by lilGem
hey applicants, I'll be going into my third year studying biological sciences at UEA if anyone has any questions about the course etc :smile:

hello,
I'm applying to Biological Science for this september and I was wondering since there are not many trends for biological science itself, how is the course overall? as in do we have practicals with titrations or nothing like that? do we have a lot of chemistry to do or is it pure biology only? I'm sorry if that was too many questions but I'm just confused thats why
Thank you x
Original post by dwkeshari
hello,
I'm applying to Biological Science for this september and I was wondering since there are not many trends for biological science itself, how is the course overall? as in do we have practicals with titrations or nothing like that? do we have a lot of chemistry to do or is it pure biology only? I'm sorry if that was too many questions but I'm just confused thats why
Thank you x

There's no titrations- but there is a lot of lab work which will vary between modules and you will learn a lot of new techniques, there are elements of chemistry through the course but obviously that will change with your interests- if you're interested in ecology there won't be any say compared to biochemistry, molecular biology, molecular genetics and such. As you progress you will understand there is never really pure biology- in my third year, even second I've encountered physics as part of physiology!

The course overall depends on the universities you apply to and how much freedom you have with modules, modes of assessment and such. It is a challenging course in terms of content and workload but it is enjoyable.
Original post by lilGem
There's no titrations- but there is a lot of lab work which will vary between modules and you will learn a lot of new techniques, there are elements of chemistry through the course but obviously that will change with your interests- if you're interested in ecology there won't be any say compared to biochemistry, molecular biology, molecular genetics and such. As you progress you will understand there is never really pure biology- in my third year, even second I've encountered physics as part of physiology!

The course overall depends on the universities you apply to and how much freedom you have with modules, modes of assessment and such. It is a challenging course in terms of content and workload but it is enjoyable.

oh ok I can deal with a bit of chemistry once in a while :smile:
Thank You again x
Original post by dwkeshari
oh ok I can deal with a bit of chemistry once in a while :smile:
Thank You again x

no worries :smile:
What are the key differences between Biochemistry and Biomedical Science? I have offers for Biochem at one great uni and an offer for Biomed at another great uni and really need to understand the differences so I can choose the right path!
In terms of: course structure and career prospects.
Got offers from Cardiff, Portsmouth and Huddersfield! SO happy cause Cardiff is my top choice :smile:
Rejection from Leicester and still waiting for a decision from Surrey! Anyone else got any offers from Cardiff?
Reply 293
hi! i got all of my offers now (i applied to surrey, essex, uea, sheffield and bath) and i'm wondering whether to firm bath or sheffield.. which one's better for biomedical science? i'm not sure about what reputation those unis have as i'm not from the uk. anyone could help?
Original post by anarayx
hi! i got all of my offers now (i applied to surrey, essex, uea, sheffield and bath) and i'm wondering whether to firm bath or sheffield.. which one's better for biomedical science? i'm not sure about what reputation those unis have as i'm not from the uk. anyone could help?

Hiya, I'm a final year student at Essex, and would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the University :smile:

^Sharmila
Original post by anarayx

I'm a final year at UEA and would be glad to answer any questions you have about the uni or module specific questions :h:
- I'm a biological sciences student but have taken primarily biomed modules for my options in years 2+3
Reply 296
Got offers from Derby for Human Biology and from Nottingham Trent for Biomed:smile: Gravitating towards NTU though, seems like there is more carreer prospects.
Got offers from UCL, Queen Mary, Bristol and Surrey for BIOCHEMISTRY
Firm choice: UCL
Insurance: QM

Anyone applied there or any current students?
Reply 298
Hello,
Anyone applied Surrey for Biomedical Science?
Hey anyone applied to Bangor biomedical science ?? Struggling to find anyone !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending