The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 360
happydinosaur
I don't know how small Claycroft rooms apart from that they are smaller than Rootes. (The website tells me 3.9 x 2.5 for Claycroft whereas it is 4.5 x 2.9 for Rootes) My Rootes room is big enough. Room for two people to sleep on the floor.

I just took some photos to illustrate. Excuse the mess. Spur of the moment photographs.

Cant thank you enough for the pics :biggrin: Didnt know they came with sinks though, old or new rootes? That room seems a lot bigger than the one i saw too (lol), always a bonus
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 361
Cryfield has a theft problem? Eek...I'm really confused whether I should put Cryfield or Whitefields as third choice...any ideas?
Reply 362
Hello guys, does Aurthur Vick have a reputation for being really unsociable?
...also will your social groups be very much based on your accommodation hall? because Lakeside seems to be giving me the impression that they tend to stick with their own batch of people....[according to the info i've read about it so far o.o]
Reply 363
pcla*
Hello guys, does Aurthur Vick have a reputation for being really unsociable?
...also will your social groups be very much based on your accommodation hall? because Lakeside seems to be giving me the impression that they tend to stick with their own batch of people....[according to the info i've read about it so far o.o]

It really does depend. Generally, your best friends will usually be the one who you live with. It's just a scientific fact, that people prefer proximity over compatibility. When you're living at an accomodation tucked in the middle of nowhere, it's really difficult to find the effort to go to other accomodations, so you tend to form friends there.

Social groups may depend on accomodation hall. Some people build social groups around their course, others build it through societies, and some people simply build it via nationality. It all depends on you really, but I do think there's a tendency of corridors "uniting" and only really going out amongst themselves- I've heard of a couple of cases in AV. But in the end, it depends how compatible you are with your flat mates. If you're outgoing and only one other person from your corridor likes to go out- chances are its going to be a bumpy year.
Does anyone know if you get to choose accommodation now if you're putting Warwick as your insurance?
Reply 365
Is it true that you can only choose one ensuite, while applying?
AniD
Is it true that you can only choose one ensuite, while applying?

Yes.
Reply 367
Is Westwood a big party accomodation or is it more chilled out and quiet? Cause I get mixed messages about it all the time!
Reply 368
What you make of it. Different Halls have radically different atmospheres this year... Loxley, Knightcote and Hampton are big party halls, followed by Gosford, but the others are relatively unknown.
Reply 369
hi
i know that im definitely putting jack martin as my ensuite choice but am worried about my shared options :confused: :frown: :s-smilie:
Is Tocil good? and does anybody know anymore about claycroft?? how does the bathroom shared between two rooms work and does that count as your ensuite option or one of your shared?? Also is it worth the price???

i wanted to go somewher quite quiet so i know that the ensuite ones tend to be quiet but does anybody know how noisy the shared ones are
thanks!!:smile:
x
p.s. how many people didn't get one of their choices???
Reply 370
i didnt get my choices, but I had to go through clearing so wasnt very prioritised.
jem_angel
hi
i know that im definitely putting jack martin as my ensuite choice but am worried about my shared options :confused: :frown: :s-smilie:
Is Tocil good? and does anybody know anymore about claycroft?? how does the bathroom shared between two rooms work and does that count as your ensuite option or one of your shared?? Also is it worth the price???

i wanted to go somewher quite quiet so i know that the ensuite ones tend to be quiet but does anybody know how noisy the shared ones are
x

Well I've been working out the exact sizes of the bedrooms based on the details on warwick accomodation, and Tocil have the smallest bedrooms.

And nope, Claycroft doesn't count as an en-suite choice. Well I'm assuming it doesn't because on the summay on the site it says its not an ensuite.
Reply 372
Can you bring animals to your rooms on campus?
No worries, I am not planning to do so, but since I am allergic (very) to cats, I worry that someone might do this.. ? Should I put it in my Medical Information?

BTW, I just wanna confirmation: when I am choosing Westwood as my 1st choice, should I care about other choices ? :P:
Reply 373
You can now apply for Accommodation!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Application forms for new students are now available - First year undergraduate
Just go to the bottom and click 'Apply'. :smile:
Whoooooo will do that tonight then
Reply 375
I suppose I better try and work out where I want to live then :p:
Reply 376
ZanyZanny
Whoooooo will do that tonight then

Pick Rootes:wink:
Notebooksecrets
Well I've been working out the exact sizes of the bedrooms based on the details on warwick accomodation, and Tocil have the smallest bedrooms.

And nope, Claycroft doesn't count as an en-suite choice. Well I'm assuming it doesn't because on the summay on the site it says its not an ensuite.

You must have been working it out wrong - tocil rooms are decent sized! Cryfield have the tiniest rooms I'm pretty sure of it.
cHybronix
Can you bring animals to your rooms on campus?
No worries, I am not planning to do so, but since I am allergic (very) to cats, I worry that someone might do this.. ? Should I put it in my Medical Information?

BTW, I just wanna confirmation: when I am choosing Westwood as my 1st choice, should I care about other choices ? :P:

Nope not allowed under any circumstances. Why would anyone bring a cat to uni :confused:
EDIT: Yes you should care... you might not necessarily get westwood. But why do you want westwood? Central campus first choice surely?
jem_angel
hi

x

Tocil is pretty decent, claycroft is very nice. Not sure if its worth the price but IMO all the ensuites are really overpriced.
As long as you make it super clear on your form that you want somewhere quiet I wouldnt worry too much about being put somewhere noisy :smile: they respect peoples requests for wanting a good work environment etc.

Quick Reply

Latest