The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eddy1276
I've set up some groups for all our halls so we can find people we will be staying with, the links are below! :smile:

Arthur Vick - facebook.com/groups/802170639830764
Bluebell - facebook.com/groups/1536177816646601
Claycroft - facebook.com/groups/1578667142347832
Cryfield - facebook.com/groups/397595207081842
Heronbank - facebook.com/groups/770324776389132
Jack Martin - facebook.com/groups/1465598577048596
Lakeside - facebook.com/groups/1551345571793540
Redfern - facebook.com/groups/1543200345940307
Rootes - facebook.com/groups/1562574234022157
Sherbourne - facebook.com/groups/843567319014781
Tocil - facebook.com/groups/1377639839219528
Westwood - facebook.com/groups/792278500857356
Whitefields - facebook.com/groups/759066847510525

Thanks, Eddy

Are you with Warwick SU? Because official groups get created by them for each accommodation of each year too - so you're aware! They also do them for freshers of each year and usually each department too

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Lakeside is my first choice but I've heard that the majority of students there tend to be international and quite cliquey?
Reply 7262
Lakeside is also my first choice and most of the Postgraduate students are Chinese and for cliquey, it really depends:smile:
Reply 7263
Original post by zoeCui
Lakeside is also my first choice and most of the Postgraduate students are Chinese and for cliquey, it really depends:smile:

Hey, what do you know about heronbank? Mostly asian there too? Lakeside is talked about alot but never heard anything about heronbank.
Reply 7264
Same with you, I know almost nothing about heronbank, and almost miss that for my choice:frown:

Start from last Friday, so many Chinese students (at least 50+)have received their accomandation offer to Liberty Park and Study Inn, even if those are their 5th, 6th preference. Just panic!
Hello everyone!

I applied for a postgraduate taught course and I am still waiting for a decision.
What do I have to do to secure an accommodation if I get an offer?

Please help me guys! I don't wanna be homeless (lol)
Thank you!
Hello everybody! I've an unconditional offer for a post-grad taught course (LLM, ICGFR). They offered me an accomodation at Study Inn. I've read some review here on the forum, and there are different opinions about the quality of this accomodation. Any suggestion?
Does anyone know when they send out accommodation offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hopefulbunny
The question I meant to ask was whether there was a half decent chance to get an off campus room close to campus at Christmas. I have applied for JM, Lakeside et al which are meant to be less noisy but I don't accept the proposition that noise is primarily dependent upon which building you occupy. I'm inclined to believe that it's all about the half dozen people around you. It only takes one person to spoil it for everyone.
So it would be good to know whether each of us is stuck with the allocated room for the entire year. I have been boarding for a few years and my experience has been that it's all about the individuals you live with.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, but here's what I know if you're still interested:

I don't know too much about getting a christmas room, but I can't see why you couldn't, warwick accomodation may even rent some. But that'll only be relevant if you get JM obviously. If you haven't applied yet you can specify a quiet area, but in the worst case, after the 3rd week(ish) you can request to change rooms with someone for a small fee.
Original post by egondargento
Does anyone know when they send out accommodation offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Early to mid September. Around the 10th, plus or minus a week.
Reply 7270
Most of the off-campus accommodations have been allocated since lots of friends of mine have received their accommodation offers.
Reply 7271
Original post by zoeCui
Most of the off-campus accommodations have been allocated since lots of friends of mine have received their accommodation offers.

Is it possible that your friends opted for a quite area and/or single sex area?
Reply 7272
Original post by omar4
Is it possible that your friends opted for a quite area and/or single sex area?

They have no idea who their roommates are :smile:
Reply 7273
Original post by zoeCui
They have no idea who their roommates are :smile:

They might have selected those options for getting a quite area, just asking if they did that, maybe thats why they were allocated early.
Reply 7274
Original post by omar4
They might have selected those options for getting a quite area, just asking if they did that, maybe thats why they were allocated early.

I am afraid almost every Chinese choose to live in a quite place.
Hey,
Are there separate toilets for females and males in the accommodation (Rootes)
Original post by JessicaNJ
Hey,
Are there separate toilets for females and males in the accommodation (Rootes)

No, it's a mixed one (obviously with locks and such!)
Reply 7277
Could someone explain to me what the 'quiet area' actually is because I said yes to it and I'm now thinking I might regret it. Does saying yes to the quiet area mean that everyone who uses your kitchen is going to be a hermit (slight exaggeration) or does it just mean that you will be placed near other rooms in the corridor that prefer it a bit quieter when revising or trying to fall asleep?

I am asking this because I often like it quieter but I am also a sociable person who would like to go out for freshers week etc.
:smile:
Original post by biojoe
Could someone explain to me what the 'quiet area' actually is because I said yes to it and I'm now thinking I might regret it. Does saying yes to the quiet area mean that everyone who uses your kitchen is going to be a hermit (slight exaggeration) or does it just mean that you will be placed near other rooms in the corridor that prefer it a bit quieter when revising or trying to fall asleep?

I am asking this because I often like it quieter but I am also a sociable person who would like to go out for freshers week etc.
:smile:

I did exactly the same thing and now I am also worried that I will be in accommodation with people who never want to go out...
Reply 7279
Original post by elishabee
I did exactly the same thing and now I am also worried that I will be in accommodation with people who never want to go out...

Hopefully there are more people like us who still want to go out! aha

Quick Reply

Latest