Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Warwick Accommodation Thread (+Guide in Post#1)

Announcements Posted on
Got a question about Student Finance? Ask the experts this week on TSR! 15-09-2014
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two4one)
    Did anyone recieve a confirmation email once they applied? Because i didn't.

Also i put cryfield 1st (because it was the cheapest) but i have realised i need a big room! And cryfield has one of the smallest. Do you think i will be able to change my first choice to rootes, and still get fair consideration?

Thanks
    You should've received a confirmation email. Inside is a confirmation link which needs to be clicked to finish the application.

Search you emails for it and if you can't find it, email accommodation@warwick.ac.uk and ask them to confirm whether they have it, supplying your name and UCAS ID. They get back to you within a day or so normally.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm...

The last email I got was when I had submitted the form. It asked me to confirm my email address.

Your application for accommodation for 2009/2010 at The University of Warwick has been received.
    Information regarding your accommodation will be sent to you in September.

Please click on the following link to confirm your email address. Failure to do so may result in a delay in
    the processing of your application:

www.blah....
    Once I confirmed I haven't heard from them since.

If you got an email asking for confirmation, then (hopefully) you are fine, if not, follow what orionmoo said.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, does anybody know what Heronbanks like? in terms of the room, social life, and location? Thanks in advance!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    Yes... the bathrooms are shared by both sexes, it's hardly scary...
    If you have a problem with that though, I'd recommend applying to be in a 'same sex' corridor,then you won't be with the opposite sex though I don't know why anyone would want that.
    cheers
    no way gonna apply for that, just curious to know if the number of bathrooms given included both male n female toilets or it's mixed so yea
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by r3b3lli0n)
    cheers
    no way gonna apply for that, just curious to know if the number of bathrooms given included both male n female toilets or it's mixed so yea

In Tocil where I was, the corridor was an L shape with 6 guys rooms down one side and 6 girls rooms down the other side with the kitchen in the middle area sort of. There was a big bathroom with a toilet, sink and bath in the boys side and 2 bathrooms with shower and toilet and sink down the girls side, but everyone uses both.

I never used the bath though after seeing what people did to it over the year xD
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orionmoo)
    You should've received a confirmation email. Inside is a confirmation link which needs to be clicked to finish the application.

Search you emails for it and if you can't find it, email accommodation@warwick.ac.uk and ask them to confirm whether they have it, supplying your name and UCAS ID. They get back to you within a day or so normally.
    Just searched my inbox and that email was there. Totally forgot that i did get one :o: .

Also i wanted to know that did everyone in the kitchen get their own cupboard? To store pots plates etc ? Or do they get left out so everyone can use?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by two4one)
    Just searched my inbox and that email was there. Totally forgot that i did get one :o: .

Also i wanted to know that did everyone in the kitchen get their own cupboard? To store pots plates etc ? Or do they get left out so everyone can use?
    When I visited, I swear the cupboards in JM were TINY! They looked about a square foot, no joke! Those were the ones above the work top. I'm not sure if there was others. That's hardly any room to store things though.. I think i'd probably end up leaving all my plates and stuff in my room and just store food in the kitchen.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but there seems to be many people active on this thread. How much are people budgeting for a week? Including food shopping, but excluding accomodation? I was thinking roughly £75 but I have no idea, my brother managed £100 a week but he was living in London.
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robotic_dancer)
    I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but there seems to be many people active on this thread. How much are people budgeting for a week? Including food shopping, but excluding accomodation? I was thinking roughly £75 but I have no idea, my brother managed £100 a week but he was living in London.
    I found that my weekly Tesco shopping came to anything between £30 and £60 depending on how hungry I was at the time :/. I also took quite a few trips to Costcutter for lunch and stuff which is a bit expensive but unnecessary if you can be bothered to make lunch yourself. Then there's evenings out at the union and stuff, and any other random things you want to buy, but that's up to you. I'd say £75 was a good estimate.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Say we get accepted by the university next week, is there an accommodation deposit that needs to be paid before arriving? If so, when and how much? Is it then refunded/taken off the first term's bill, or is it the type that you still pay normal accommodation fees, however at the end of the year if your room's in a suitable condition you receive your deposit back?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Say we get accepted by the university next week, is there an accommodation deposit that needs to be paid before arriving? If so, when and how much? Is it then refunded/taken off the first term's bill, or is it the type that you still pay normal accommodation fees, however at the end of the year if your room's in a suitable condition you receive your deposit back?

I *thought* you could still pay the first term once you'd got there. I could be wrong, I don't remember exactly.
    I'd be surprised though if the Uni accom service doesn't email you to tell you about payment dates soon.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
    I *thought* you could still pay the first term once you'd got there. I could be wrong, I don't remember exactly.
    I'd be surprised though if the Uni accom service doesn't email you to tell you about payment dates soon.
    So no £150 deposit or anything before we get there?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So no £150 deposit or anything before we get there?
    I don't remember exactly, maybe someone else does?
    They will email you about it either way I expect, so don't worry just check your email often in case :-)
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    Deposit? O_o There wasn't a deposit last year. No idea if things have changed but I don't see any reason to - all they do is charge you separately if you break anything during the year. As for payment dates, it's usually the end of the second/third/fourth week of each term (it varies).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    May sound like a silly question, but how is Tocil pronounced?
    I've always said Toh-sl, but one of my friends says Toe-sill, and another says Toh-kl. Which is it???
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    May sound like a silly question, but how is Tocil pronounced?
    I've always said Toh-sl, but one of my friends says Toe-sill, and another says Toh-kl. Which is it???
    Pretty much everyone says it as toe-sl, some says toe-sill... that's fine

Toh-kl is just strange.
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard "toe-sill" or "toe-sl", that sounds a bit posh? :p: Everyone I know says toh-sill or toss-il. Definitely not toh-kl though
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ok. so two contradictory viewpoints. I think we agree on the ending. Sill/sul/sl whatever your dialect dictates. But is is "Toe", as in my big toe or "Toh" as in the o in orange.

This is going to bug me until I get an answer I'm satisfied with lol
    • 66 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ok. so two contradictory viewpoints. I think we agree on the ending. Sill/sul/sl whatever your dialect dictates. But is is "Toe", as in my big toe or "Toh" as in the o in orange.

This is going to bug me until I get an answer I'm satisfied with lol
    I'm not going to claim to be right, but as I said, I've not heard anyone say it as "toe" in one year at Warwick. To be honest I was almost 'worried' this time last year that someone was going to laugh at me if I said "tok-il". It's a question that's asked every year :p:

Anyone else?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretmessages)
    I'm not going to claim to be right, but as I said, I've not heard anyone say it as "toe" in one year at Warwick. To be honest I was almost 'worried' this time last year that someone was going to laugh at me if I said "tok-il". It's a question that's asked every year :p:

Anyone else?
    Really? I just thought it was just me over-examining the names haha.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 15, 2014
New on TSR

A-level secrets uncovered

Learn from the experience of last year's A-level students

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.