The Student Room Group

AQA History A Unit 2d: Germany 1919-1945

I couldn't find a thread for this exam, so I made one. It seems like very few schools have chosen option d.

Personally I am finding the exam technique a bit challenging, so if anyone has some good revision resources for that, then please feel free to post them :smile:

Here are some good notes on all the topics: http://fallibroome.academy/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Germany-1919-45-Revision-Guide.pdf

Timeline of key dates: http://www.richardlander.co.uk/assets/file/History%20Revision%202014/key%20dates%20Germany%20answers%202011.pdf

And finally, here is a list of past paper questions: http://www.richardlander.co.uk/assets/file/History%20Revision%202014/Exam%20questions%20by%20topic.pdf

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is anyone else doing this exam?
Yeah, I am, do you have any predictions?
Reply 3
Original post by georgielangler
Yeah, I am, do you have any predictions?

Not, yet, I won't have a chance to look at past papers until after the chemistry exam tomorrow!
However, the exam will be extremely similar to the specimen paper, as the medicine through time (unit 1) exam was.

Do you happen to know anything about exam technique for the Germany paper?
Question 1 a)
Two sources, usually a picture source and a text source. Use your own knowledge to answer the question and then back up what you are saying with evidence from the souce. This question tests inference and you must infer the same thing from sources a) and b). The mark scheme also says you must link to a 'wider context' to get into the top bracket answer, meaning you must link your answer to the past and the future.

Question 1 b)
Introduces two other sources that are of a different inference to sources a) and b). Compare the two sets of sources and explain, using your knowledge, why the two sourcses are different.

Question 1 c)
Explain, using your knowledge, and especially dates, why the two sets of sources are different.
Time the date of the sourcs.
Author who wrote the sources/who produced the sources? (Were the sources bias in any way?
Place Where was the sources written

Question 1 d)
Similar to question 1 c) you need to evaluate the usefullness of the source. Assess where the sources have come from, and the purpose of the sources to determine the usefulness of the sources.

Question 1 e) [SPaG]
Structure like an essay. Usually why an event happened, or how something was carried out. You need a paragraph to explain each of your points (usually about four) and then come to a conclusion of the most important factor/reason. The mark scheme also talks about 'relative importance' and this is how important something is in relation to everything else. To determine relative importance you must assess each of your factors at the end of every paragraph by judging how important they are "Very important...' 'Quite important...' Also use lots of dates to solidify what you are saying.
Reply 5

Thank you very much!
Original post by Avocado2002
Thank you very much!

It's okay :smile: so any predictions then?
Which section do you think will be Weimar Germany?
Original post by Harisha99

Section B, thats what section it's in on the specimen paper
Reply 9
It's okay :smile: so any predictions then?

I really can't think of any predictions for this paper, sorry. It's been almost impossible to access past papers anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Harisha99

Does this paper have different specific topics for section A and B, like medicine through time? Could you explain what you mean?
Does this paper have different specific topics for section A and B, like medicine through time? Could you explain what you mean?

Look at the headings on the specimen paper,

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-91402D-W-SQP-JUN15.PDF
Look at the headings on the specimen paper,

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects/AQA-91402D-W-SQP-JUN15.PDF

Ok, thanks! Does this mean that any of the 5 topics in the specification could come up?
Ok, thanks! Does this mean that any of the 5 topics in the specification could come up?

Yeah, but my teacher told me it's likley to be Stresemann, women and/or children, and the Weimar constitution. Possibly early opposition to the Weimar (ie, The Munich Putsch, The Spartacist Rising...)
John D Clare is a really helpful website. It gives a summary at the end with questions to help
I still don't really understand the format of the paper; can any of the 5 main topics come up, or do the sub-topics also feature?
Will it be exactly the same as the specification, e.g. "The rise of the Nazi party" for section C? Thanks again.
What dates do we need to remember?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good luck everyone!
How did everyone find it? I thought it wasn't that bad.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Who was the Martin guy 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending