The Student Room Group

M1 key words OCR

I was wondering if there's a list of all the key words to memorise? For example when doing questions I came across words such as taut strings, inextensible strings, smooth surface, what do these mean to the calculations? (I know smooth surface means no friction)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in She-Ra now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Christina Tiana
I was wondering if there's a list of all the key words to memorise? For example when doing questions I came across words such as taut strings, inextensible strings, smooth surface, what do these mean to the calculations? (I know smooth surface means no friction)

Most of the time words like that are to validate your calculations other wise the equations you are using would not work.
Here's the list for OCR MEI (probably fine even if you're not with MEI)

Also, for something to be taut means it has no theoretical slack.

IMG_0074.jpg
Pretty much all you need to remember is f = ma. Best of luck ^_^ ...And SUVAT and fr = mu R
Here's the M1 OCR thread

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55857773

There's important stuff on there that you need to know. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've moved it to the correct forum :biggrin:

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending