The Student Room Group

I've sort of given up with women & worry about ever finding a long-term partner/wife

I think there are a few elements to this. I'm midway through my twenties and I've come to a realisation that I just cannot be bothered with women anymore - and are they really worth the effort? I look at women today and with their growing power you now have to offer them something that appeals to them to be an attractive proposition. Having a 'nice' or likeable personality of some sort is not anywhere near enough. Women don't respect you as much for it in this modern world. They just discard you if you don't offer them materialistic value.

There is a growing phenomenon called 'sexodous' which I can relate to. Google it. I also think the rise of the internet and the obsession with social media is indicative of the way dating will become in the future. I was on facebook and saw lots of people asking for dates and relationships on facebook. What a sad reality. But this is going to be a greater problem more and more actually - finding genuine solid relationships. It's not exactly like the older days is it?

I've got a good friend who to be perfectly honest isn't a good looking bloke but his social media shows off his wealthy lifestyle (he's not a show-off at all by the way), and resultingly he gets random cute girls contact him on instagram. He gets laid just by doing these things. He'll meet girls off social media, take them out and buy them drinks and then take them to his place. I've also got another average looking friend who is quite famous nationally through sport and the amount of women who flock to him for his material value is scary. He can get sex on tap with absolute tons of (hot) women. I think that sums up my feelings about women to be honest. I've realised that being yourself is not enough. If I was rich/famous I would be raking it in - all men would. I've seen this with my own two eyes through these friends of mine. You need to have the cool facebook profile and cool friends, a gym body and money, social status and wealth as well as a good career. If you don't have these things and you're not exceptionally goodlooking, then you will face a lifetime of disappointment along some small successes. That's the simple truth in today's modern world. You have to offer material value to women or the large majority will look for it elsewhere.

Regardless of wealth, I'm not good enough for what would be a similar equivalent to myself in terms of looks. Why am I not good enough? Because there are always better looking more confident more wealthy more socially higher up the ladder men who will want the same girl as any other man. So then someone like myself (a reasonable handsome man) ends up having no choice but to generally speaking score with females who are undesirable, which in itself is not a feeling of validation. I guess in a sense I want to as a male, be made to feel validated by an attractive women - but honestly unless you have LOTS of friends and contacts you face a hard numbers game. I just think there are material obstacles (to both sex and relationships).

It's not all materialism but other aspects as well. Feminism & the dropping standards of women today are big ones. I think feminism promotes female superiority. Now females can walk around with their boobs hanging out and it's perfectly fine and normal. Judge them and you are sexist. Of course if men walked around with their penis hanging out it wouldn't be right, right? Women now can do whatever they like, whenever they like, however they like it and expect to be treated well. They want to have their cake and eat it. There is so much vanity around young people today as well. All about showing off and posing on facebook.

This isn't a case of me being a virgin and/or some nerd. I've slept with about 15 girls and have had alot of dates in the last 5-7 years. But there are big obstacles - the internet, vanity, materialism and a 'i'm a female so i'm entitled' attitude. I can't envisage myself in a solid relationship in the future, it seems a bleak vision. It's becoming harder and harder to find that one through social engineering. Probabilities are becoming lower and lower.

Anyone share similar thoughts? I feel quite lonely at this realisation.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by le_darkhorse
I think there are a few elements to this. I'm midway through my twenties and I've come to a realisation that I just cannot be bothered with women anymore - and are they really worth the effort? I look at women today and with their growing power you now have to offer them something that appeals to them to be an attractive proposition. Having a 'nice' or likeable personality of some sort is not anywhere near enough. Women don't respect you as much for it in this modern world. They just discard you if you don't offer them materialistic value.

There is a growing phenomenon called 'sexodous' which I can relate to. Google it. I also think the rise of the internet and the obsession with social media is indicative of the way dating will become in the future. I was on facebook and saw lots of people asking for dates and relationships on facebook. What a sad reality. But this is going to be a greater problem more and more actually - finding genuine solid relationships. It's not exactly like the older days is it?

I've got a good friend who to be perfectly honest isn't a good looking bloke but his social media shows off his wealthy lifestyle (he's not a show-off at all by the way), and resultingly he gets random cute girls contact him on instagram. He gets laid just by doing these things. He'll meet girls off social media, take them out and buy them drinks and then take them to his place. I've also got another average looking friend who is quite famous nationally through sport and the amount of women who flock to him for his material value is scary. He can get sex on tap with absolute tons of (hot) women. I think that sums up my feelings about women to be honest. I've realised that being yourself is not enough. If I was rich/famous I would be raking it in - all men would. I've seen this with my own two eyes through these friends of mine. You need to have the cool facebook profile and cool friends, a gym body and money, social status and wealth as well as a good career. If you don't have these things and you're not exceptionally goodlooking, then you will face a lifetime of disappointment along some small successes. That's the simple truth in today's modern world. You have to offer material value to women or the large majority will look for it elsewhere.

Regardless of wealth, I'm not good enough for what would be a similar equivalent to myself in terms of looks. Why am I not good enough? Because there are always better looking more confident more wealthy more socially higher up the ladder men who will want the same girl as any other man. So then someone like myself (a reasonable handsome man) ends up having no choice but to generally speaking score with females who are undesirable, which in itself is not a feeling of validation. I guess in a sense I want to as a male, be made to feel validated by an attractive women - but honestly unless you have LOTS of friends and contacts you face a hard numbers game. I just think there are material obstacles (to both sex and relationships).

It's not all materialism but other aspects as well. Feminism & the dropping standards of women today are big ones. I think feminism promotes female superiority. Now females can walk around with their boobs hanging out and it's perfectly fine and normal. Judge them and you are sexist. Of course if men walked around with their penis hanging out it wouldn't be right, right? Women now can do whatever they like, whenever they like, however they like it and expect to be treated well. They want to have their cake and eat it. There is so much vanity around young people today as well. All about showing off and posing on facebook.

This isn't a case of me being a virgin and/or some nerd. I've slept with about 15 girls and have had alot of dates in the last 5-7 years. But there are big obstacles - the internet, vanity, materialism and a 'i'm a female so i'm entitled' attitude. I can't envisage myself in a solid relationship in the future, it seems a bleak vision. It's becoming harder and harder to find that one through social engineering. Probabilities are becoming lower and lower.

Anyone share similar thoughts? I feel quite lonely at this realisation.

Good. You can join me on the pull.

I'd advise you to watch a LOT of dapper laughs if you are committing to this lifestyle choice :wink:

Oi ooiii :yeah:
huh?
I've sort of given up with women & worry about ever finding a long-term partner/wife

Take a time out then. If it's meant to happen it'll happen. Not worrying about it is good imho but that doesn't mean you have to give up
Original post by futbol
Good. You can join me on the pull.

I'd advise you to watch a LOT of dapper laughs if you are committing to this lifestyle choice :wink:

Oi ooiii :yeah:

huh?

Lol :lol:
Reply 5
Go to Amsterdam or Bangkok and bang some high class slut. Or perhaps try a different route altogether and become a muslim.
But hey; listen to urself; aren't u after all the cute girls? Do u even notice a less-than-pretty girl pass by you?? I suppose the girls are following a good charicade considering the amount of disparaging they got back in the early days. Women hv fought for their rights and so yeah they hv the right to do what they like whenever they want. Plus I doubt marrying a poor guy(I'm not being sexist or rude) would give good boost to hv a strong family. Only women understand the difficulties of growing up a child. Its not easy. Money is a requirement due to this. U hv no right o talk about the new women in this manner just because they have finally realised the truth being individual and for once being independant of men. Here's a piece of advice:.stop loosing sleep over issues like this; do a good job; or lean onto education considering u r.yet young; and wait for the perfect woman to glide in to ur life. Trust me give it some time :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by minroi#01#
But hey; listen to urself; aren't u after all the cute girls? Do u even notice a less-than-pretty girl pass by you?? I suppose the girls are following a good charicade considering the amount of disparaging they got back in the early days. Women hv fought for their rights and so yeah they hv the right to do what they like whenever they want. Plus I doubt marrying a poor guy(I'm not being sexist or rude) would give good boost to hv a strong family. Only women understand the difficulties of growing up a child. Its not easy. Money is a requirement due to this. U hv no right o talk about the new women in this manner just because they have finally realised the truth being individual and for once being independant of men. Here's a piece of advice:.stop loosing sleep over issues like this; do a good job; or lean onto education considering u r.yet young; and wait for the perfect woman to glide in to ur life. Trust me give it some time :smile:

'aren't you after all the cute girls' < he never actually in any point in the OP mentioned what type of girl he's attracted to. don't go off assuming crap.

'considering the amount of disparaging they got back in the early days.' << this **** happened in the past. can you not grow up & realize it? your idea validates the belief that making a whole new generation of men (who themselves, at times have no idea what happened or what they're being made to pay for) pay for the occurrences of the past is a logically accurate thing to do.

'Women hv fought for their rights ' << bull****. women didn't fight for crap compared with what men had to fight for (& the deaths that still occur even to this present day) to obtain any of the rights they wanted. all women ever did was stage protests; and the only one to ever die; was because she didn't watch the road properly. by and large, men are the species that have had to pay costly for any of their actions. foh.

'yeah they hv the right to do what they like whenever they want.' < nope. just because they staged a few protests and got listened to doesn't mean that they have the right to mock and humiliate guys as often as they do presently. now i don't mean to belittle the significance of their protests; but at the same time; it doesn't mean they can be ****** about this in the present day.

' Plus I doubt marrying a poor guy(I'm not being sexist or rude)' < yes, yes you are being sexist and rude. would you like it if i said i wouldn't like to marry a fat ugly female, because she wouldn't tie in with my 'familys' values' of being healthy?

'Only women understand the difficulties of growing up a child. ' < nope. perhaps all the single fathers are just tales and fiction. they obviously don't exist.

' Money is a requirement due to this.' < yes. but at the same time; excessive money isn't, which is what most young women are drawn to. they (women) want rich bastards. not your average comfortable guy.

'U hv no right o talk about the new women in this manner just because they have finally realised the truth being individual and for once being independant of men.' << yes he does. because their entitlement and stuck-up attitudes are beginning to flow out of check. besides, everyone's entitled to an opinion. in addition, no one's realized the truth about being individual; you talk about women as if they've been prisoners of men for eternity; like as if in the past some of them didn't choose to marry who they wanted. looool. most of them aren't even 'independant' of men. maybe if you mean when they're young and havn't married yet (even then, most of them are probably talking to 500+ men and having/making them buy the women all they wanted or they're making their boyfriend do it) or making their husbands pay for their child support; whilst they make their new boyfriends pay for their date. no sex is independant from the other. if we truly were; then we, as separate entities & sexes would still be in the stone age & would be an extinct species.

'stop loosing sleep over issues like this' < he never said he was.

'do a good job; or lean onto education considering u r.yet young' < 1) he IS in education. 2) that wouldn't still help his chances and odds with women against his friends.

'perfect woman to glide into your life' << women don't do this. in fact, women never do this. their 'rules' state that: the guy 'must' always approach; and can only do so IF he is: rich, funny, good-looking, fashionably conscious, wealthy, 6'5; charming, nice shoes; other wise, he's harassing the female. this is society-101. this is society basics. where have you been for the past few years?.
i'm beginning to question the validity of your input into this thread tbh. you seem like a troll to me.

'Trust me give it some time' < he has; which is why he made the thread. what the hell loool? weren't you paying attention?
You made the mistake of actually trying. If you don't try then you'll see the reality of modern day relationships. Hopeless, futile and indecorous.
Original post by theDanIdentity
'aren't you after all the cute girls' < he never actually in any point in the OP mentioned what type of girl he's attracted to. don't go off assuming crap.

'considering the amount of disparaging they got back in the early days.' << this **** happened in the past. can you not grow up & realize it? your idea validates the belief that making a whole new generation of men (who themselves, at times have no idea what happened or what they're being made to pay for) pay for the occurrences of the past is a logically accurate thing to do.

'Women hv fought for their rights ' << bull****. women didn't fight for crap compared with what men had to fight for (& the deaths that still occur even to this present day) to obtain any of the rights they wanted. all women ever did was stage protests; and the only one to ever die; was because she didn't watch the road properly. by and large, men are the species that have had to pay costly for any of their actions. foh.

'yeah they hv the right to do what they like whenever they want.' < nope. just because they staged a few protests and got listened to doesn't mean that they have the right to mock and humiliate guys as often as they do presently. now i don't mean to belittle the significance of their protests; but at the same time; it doesn't mean they can be ****** about this in the present day.

' Plus I doubt marrying a poor guy(I'm not being sexist or rude)' < yes, yes you are being sexist and rude. would you like it if i said i wouldn't like to marry a fat ugly female, because she wouldn't tie in with my 'familys' values' of being healthy?

'Only women understand the difficulties of growing up a child. ' < nope. perhaps all the single fathers are just tales and fiction. they obviously don't exist.

' Money is a requirement due to this.' < yes. but at the same time; excessive money isn't, which is what most young women are drawn to. they (women) want rich bastards. not your average comfortable guy.

'U hv no right o talk about the new women in this manner just because they have finally realised the truth being individual and for once being independant of men.' << yes he does. because their entitlement and stuck-up attitudes are beginning to flow out of check. besides, everyone's entitled to an opinion. in addition, no one's realized the truth about being individual; you talk about women as if they've been prisoners of men for eternity; like as if in the past some of them didn't choose to marry who they wanted. looool. most of them aren't even 'independant' of men. maybe if you mean when they're young and havn't married yet (even then, most of them are probably talking to 500+ men and having/making them buy the women all they wanted or they're making their boyfriend do it) or making their husbands pay for their child support; whilst they make their new boyfriends pay for their date. no sex is independant from the other. if we truly were; then we, as separate entities & sexes would still be in the stone age & would be an extinct species.

'do a good job; or lean onto education considering u r.yet young' < 1) he IS in education. 2) that wouldn't still help his chances and odds with women against his friends.

'perfect woman to glide into your life' << women don't do this. in fact, women never do this. their 'rules' state that: the guy 'must' always approach; and can only do so IF he is: rich, funny, good-looking, fashionably conscious, wealthy, 6'5; charming, nice shoes; other wise, he's harassing the female. this is society-101. this is society basics. where have you been for the past few years?.
i'm beginning to question the validity of your input into this thread tbh. you seem like a troll to me.

'Trust me give it some time' < he has; which is why he made the thread. what the hell loool? weren't you paying attention?

Go to hell; its not my prob u r a guy and will b on his side and has ur dumb brain and eyes closed towards the truth. I'm sorry if I said anything wrong to a whole association of men; just keep it in ur mind not all women are all bitchy as u seem to think -_-
I think once a guy starts getting sucked in to all the stuff on the internet about how "women these days" are unsuitable, it's pretty much a guarantee of singleness because it infects his attitude, he will just get his negativity reinforced by other men that think the same way and become unable to interact with women.

It's literally the biggest turn-off signal ever for a girl when you have this kind of anti-female mindset. You have to reverse it and stop reading these websites.

Once you get back in the real world and away from this stuff, you will realise that it's really not that hard to find a suitable partner: look how most people you know are paired up, they aren't superhuman people but they have found a like-minded person that likes them. I do agree that the modern world of tinder and social media can create a depressing impression of the "dating market" but that's not the only way people meet each other.
Original post by MagicNMedicine
I think once a guy starts getting sucked in to all the stuff on the internet about how "women these days" are unsuitable, it's pretty much a guarantee of singleness because it infects his attitude, he will just get his negativity reinforced by other men that think the same way and become unable to interact with women.

It's literally the biggest turn-off signal ever for a girl when you have this kind of anti-female mindset. You have to reverse it and stop reading these websites.

Once you get back in the real world and away from this stuff, you will realise that it's really not that hard to find a suitable partner: look how most people you know are paired up, they aren't superhuman people but they have found a like-minded person that likes them. I do agree that the modern world of tinder and social media can create a depressing impression of the "dating market" but that's not the only way people meet each other.

This, exactly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PrincePaul255555
Everything you say about women is right.

They are selfish, arrogant, rude, materialistic and in the main down right nasty.

But even though that is true. What can ya do ?

Hey whadda hell! Not all women are like that and its not like all men are sweet kittens too-_- U can't go around judging every bloody woman into one nasty group; open ur ****ing eyes and see; there millions out there who are not bitchy!! Well if I had my say on men: they are arrogant; the tsr guys are bloody cheeky(at least the ones on this thread), they are choosy, they want only the hottest girls, some want a girl only for sex, and its men who rape!
Original post by Spiros90
Go to Amsterdam or Bangkok and bang some high class slut. Or perhaps try a different route altogether and become a muslim.

That's what I'm thinking tbh (prostitutes). Pursuing girls is such an effort in today's world. You have to invest far too much to even get some reward.
Original post by minroi#01#

I'm not after all the 'cute' girls persay - I'm after girls who I don't consider to be much uglier or far better looking than me. What I'm saying is I don't expect anything from super gorgeous girls but I'm more than handsome and decent enough to get cute girls (and have slept with some in the past). But I don't not because I'm not good enough for it but because for that cute girl she has to do nothing but lap up the attention from X amount of guys and so you're in a numbers game. You would have to try it with LOTS of girls to get success with one - unless like I said you offer her something (money, career, status, super good looks etc) in which case you get a by pass to her bedroom within days. I can't blame the girl for that really ... but I don't think womens' values of today are what I can respect.
Original post by theDanIdentity

' Money is a requirement due to this.' < yes. but at the same time; excessive money isn't, which is what most young women are drawn to. they (women) want rich bastards. not your average comfortable guy.'

That's what stuck out for me. Do you think an attractive girl would go for an amibitious guy like me who let's say maybe has a stable but mediocre job or would she go for a banker earning 100k per year regardless of how he looks? Obviously the latter. Iit's disheartening. When I go out with my 2 friends I mentioned - it's them who get the attention because of fame/money/status. They take lots of girls home and get lots of attention solely because of that.
Original post by Marshall Taylor
You made the mistake of actually trying. If you don't try then you'll see the reality of modern day relationships. Hopeless, futile and indecorous.

You're right and you're wrong. I made the effort but now I'm retiring from women and will likely seek escorts because just as you say, modern relationships are not of any value.
Original post by MagicNMedicine

I don't know why you assume that I've been sucked into the internet. I simply came across the phrase 'sexodous' and googled it to read about it. Otherwise everything else I've said is real life examples such as the friends I go on nights out with. In addition I don't like the way of social media in the world today and the general vanity it promotes for humanity. I see this with my own two eyes so my opinion is more than valid.

Edit: I'd also like to add - you implied that someone like me is guaranteed singleness. I could have had relationships in the past with girls (largely most of whom I didn't desire or some who I decided to have sex with because I went for so damn long without a shag and wanted to have sex out of desperation because the right girl would never come along), so I don't know why you assume I can't get a girlfriend. A number of the girls I've had sex with could easily be relationships but I didn't fancy them and I didn't respect them as people in a way where I want to share my life with them. What I'm saying is finding an equal girl who I find attractive and someone who I really admire as a person and being, is a challenge I'm not willing to pursue anymore because that type of girl is becoming less and less.
(edited 8 years ago)
Social media and dating apps hugely increase the perceived size of the potential mating pool for women. Once, it might have been a choice between the village blacksmith's apprentice and the semi-literate farmhand. Then, we created cities for people to live in when young, and allowed women to go to work and socialise freely in them (the dating scene). Now, we increase the pool still further by making every man in the local area a potential mate by virtue of putting their Tinder profile in front of her face while she is laid in bed with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and a Friends box set.

So women, who are hypergamous, give attention only to the very highest value males, and will be satisfied only by them; that is to say, they will be forever unsatisfied, even if they settle for a man more on their level.

Without women, without jobs, and without much else to find their identity in, men lack purpose, and will become either socially disruptive or hikikomori.
Original post by scrotgrot
Social media and dating apps hugely increase the perceived size of the potential mating pool for women. Once, it might have been a choice between the village blacksmith's apprentice and the semi-literate farmhand. Then, we created cities for people to live in when young, and allowed women to go to work and socialise freely in them (the dating scene). Now, we increase the pool still further by making every man in the local area a potential mate by virtue of putting their Tinder profile in front of her face while she is laid in bed with a tub of Ben and Jerry's and a Friends box set.

So women, who are hypergamous, give attention only to the very highest value males, and will be satisfied only by them; that is to say, they will be forever unsatisfied, even if they settle for a man more on their level.

Without women, without jobs, and without much else to find their identity in, men lack purpose, and will become either socially disruptive or hikikomori.

That 1st paragraph sums it up beautifully. But do you see what I mean? Because I don't offer any obvious material value I am consigned to the dustbin. Yet if I were to pump up my body with steroids and get fake tan all over my body I don't doubt I would get alot more attractive women but why should I do that? I'm handsome enough and I don't need to lower myself just because of the materialistic wants of women today. Meh whatever I've said my peace on this thread now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending