The Student Room Group

Panicking over my psychology exam.

The exam was the 11/05 and was my psychology unit 1 resit. This year is the first time I am using a computer and stupidly without knowing that I can use Wordpad I used notepad. Overall I thought the exam was swell and thought I got a B or an A... Well that stopped because when the exam officer printed out my work she printed out 3 pages. Personally I checked afterwards many times of how much I wrote, at home,to see the equivalent of it was 3 pages because I was sceptical of it. I printed out 4.5 pages.... I'm panicking because she may have forgot to print out another page and I might end up on a D/E or even a U on that paper since 1.5 pages were missing (surly)
A few days later I asked her but she said it was too late anyway as she sent them out and after that that's all Iv thought about, since then Iv had 3 other exams but I'm now making sure that it all the pages printed out properly.

If an examiner that has my script (as its printed and with my exam paper I think it's one examiner which marks the paper) will they see that there is a huge chunk missing and question it or possibly that I was mid sentence at the start of the printed work possibly that may have been cut of from the first sheet which wasn't printed? The exam officer has my work on her memory stick. If the examiner that's marking it and sees this, would they ask someone about it? Could they ask the exam office at the school or... ? :/. This is A-lev psychology btw.
Any help please? It's been a month and im really panicking about it.
Reply 1
I also use a word processor during exams. From your case I could ascertain that when the exam officer was printing your work it may have been done so from Microsoft Word as opposed to notepad, thus causing the number of pages actually printed off to be evidently lower. Also, did your school not ask you to check the work which had been printed off?
Reply 2
Original post by Zer0.
I also use a word processor during exams. From your case I could ascertain that when the exam officer was printing your work it may have been done so from Microsoft Word as opposed to notepad, thus causing the number of pages actually printed off to be evidently lower. Also, did your school not ask you to check the work which had been printed off?

I watched her print it off but I didn't check though stupidly. I have done for the other exams but I'm just hoping that a an exam marker would notice that and hopefully ring someone. Do u use wordpad? I'm wondering if that's good because it looks like word but exam compatible and is actually really helpful. The font looked like it was printed from notepad but maybe your right actually. It was size 11 but it could've been. But when I looked at my next exam I had printed out (I made sure it was 100% of it) it said the thing I saved it as at the top of each page with if printed from notepad it does that.
Reply 3
Original post by Velocity_
I watched her print it off but I didn't check though stupidly. I have done for the other exams but I'm just hoping that a an exam marker would notice that and hopefully ring someone. Do u use wordpad? I'm wondering if that's good because it looks like word but exam compatible and is actually really helpful. The font looked like it was printed from notepad but maybe your right actually. It was size 11 but it could've been. But when I looked at my next exam I had printed out (I made sure it was 100% of it) it said the thing I saved it as at the top of each page with if printed from notepad it does that.

Then I'd say there's no point in worrying; it's highly probable it was simple converted directly into Word, hence the discrepancy.
Reply 4
Original post by Zer0.
Then I'd say there's no point in worrying; it's highly probable it was simple converted directly into Word, hence the discrepancy.

i really hope your right. Just wondering, do you have any tips when using the laptop in exams or using wordpad? thanks anyway.
Reply 5
Original post by Velocity_
i really hope your right. Just wondering, do you have any tips when using the laptop in exams or using wordpad? thanks anyway.

Well, in order to ensure any scenarios in which a problem may ensue, do not, I number each question on Wordpad as it appears in the question paper, I also write every question on the word processor, and if it has been answered in the question paper I'll simply write (Answer in question paper) adjacent to the question.
Reply 6
I'm sorry, i'v tryed getting it out my head but i know its gonna ruin my summer. Iv lost alot of motivation now for psychology as i need a B and it'll be alot harder to get it now, virtually impossible, if that paper gets marked lower than my original last year so the original grade goes through.I was so sure i got a good grade for it aswell ;( i dont want to resit the year. i worked really hard this year.
There was 3 pages she printed out. She said 3 pages. I have hoped it was 4 and she missed the other side but she said 3...
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest