The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Suitable accomodation ?? which one to choose...?

got an offer for the September course... confused with the accommodations available... Dorchester house seems to be sought after by many.... some help would be appreciated.
Reply 1
Original post by haroonteddy
got an offer for the September course... confused with the accommodations available... Dorchester house seems to be sought after by many.... some help would be appreciated.

Hi haroonteddy,

There are quite a few choices available, so it really depends on what you want from your accommodation. I'll try and sum them up in a nutshell:

Cranborne & Purbeck: They are right next to each other and are the largest of the halls. They are both in town (5 minute walk to the centre, 10 minute walk to the beach), and have reputations as being the party halls (especially Purbeck). They have shared kitchen/lounge area with en-suite bathrooms for each bedroom. The bus stops right outside and goes direct to the university.

Chesil House: Very close to Cranborne and Purbeck, but more for PG students.

Dorset House: Probably the nicest of all the halls, and opposite the train station/Asda. It's about a half a mile out of town from the other halls and the bus stop into uni (about a 5 minute walk).

Student Village: This is on the Talbot Campus, so about a 30 second walk to your lessons in the morning! It's great if you want to have a lie-in or go to the library late at night. They are houses with 3-7 bedrooms, and share a kitchen, lounge and bathrooms. There are a few studio flats available, which means you will have your own kitchen and bathroom. Talbot campus is the main uni campus, and it's about 3 miles from town - a 10/15 minute bus ride or a 45 minute walk.

Private Accommodation: There are plenty of landlords who rent out houses to students. The uni keeps a record of them, so if you want to live in one of the nearby towns, which are within walking distance of the uni, then the uni can point you towards them.

There are some other halls in and around the Bournemouth area, check out this link to see them:
https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation

I hope this helps! Do let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Ali
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole
Reply 2
Original post by AliBonce
Hi haroonteddy,

There are quite a few choices available, so it really depends on what you want from your accommodation. I'll try and sum them up in a nutshell:

Cranborne & Purbeck: They are right next to each other and are the largest of the halls. They are both in town (5 minute walk to the centre, 10 minute walk to the beach), and have reputations as being the party halls (especially Purbeck). They have shared kitchen/lounge area with en-suite bathrooms for each bedroom. The bus stops right outside and goes direct to the university.

Chesil House: Very close to Cranborne and Purbeck, but more for PG students.

Dorset House: Probably the nicest of all the halls, and opposite the train station/Asda. It's about a half a mile out of town from the other halls and the bus stop into uni (about a 5 minute walk).

Student Village: This is on the Talbot Campus, so about a 30 second walk to your lessons in the morning! It's great if you want to have a lie-in or go to the library late at night. They are houses with 3-7 bedrooms, and share a kitchen, lounge and bathrooms. There are a few studio flats available, which means you will have your own kitchen and bathroom. Talbot campus is the main uni campus, and it's about 3 miles from town - a 10/15 minute bus ride or a 45 minute walk.

Private Accommodation: There are plenty of landlords who rent out houses to students. The uni keeps a record of them, so if you want to live in one of the nearby towns, which are within walking distance of the uni, then the uni can point you towards them.

There are some other halls in and around the Bournemouth area, check out this link to see them:
https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/discover/accommodation

I hope this helps! Do let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

Ali

hey. thank yo so much for the valuable ino... ive got a room in cranborne :biggrin:
cheers mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending