The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel C2 Additional Sci. - 9th June

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ugaaa5
The isotope question was not the percentage one..
The percentage one was the one where you had to find much F was is NaF.
The isotope one was the Relative atomic mass question.
Come on people...

Thank you! I thought I was going crazy for a second haha.. I was like did I miss out a question?
Reply 21
Original post by kirsty123456
I didn't round it down, will I still get the mark?

Yes. I put 2 dp.
That could have gone so much worse. It was actually very nice in comparison to the Biology. What did everyone put for the substance that was a orange-red? Some people are saying that they put sodium, and others put calcium... I put calcium.
Also, what did you put for substance x?
Original post by Katherines01
the balancnig equaion one was quite obscure.. I think it was 11 oxygen and I can remember a 7 and an 8 being in it but i cant remember the question im afraid..

and for the red solid question I put it as the transition metal? so option C but i was really unsure so probably wrong:/

I think you might be right because they form coloured compounds :smile: I got that wrong I think because I put sodium as it was an insoluble carbonate but think I misread the question
Original post by Lewismioc
That could have gone so much worse. It was actually very nice in comparison to the Biology. What did everyone put for the substance that was a orange-red? Some people are saying that they put sodium, and others put calcium... I put calcium.

Was that for the flame test?
Thank you! I thought I was going crazy for a second haha.. I was like did I miss out a question?

I can see people were gettung really confused there :smile:
the balancnig equaion one was quite obscure.. I think it was 11 oxygen and I can remember a 7 and an 8 being in it but i cant remember the question im afraid..

and for the red solid question I put it as the transition metal? so option C but i was really unsure so probably wrong:/

I got that for the balancing equation one too. I think I also said transistion metal.
Reply 27

11O2 (22 in total) 8 water and 7 CO2 I think. Mine all added up
For the first 6 marker I didn't read the question properly and instead of describing what I see in each reaction I just wrote about the trend in reactivity...how many marks do you think I will still get ? :frown:
I got that for the balancing equation one too. I think I also said transistion metal.

How many marks was the transition metal question worth?
Reply 30
Original post by Kholmes1
Thats right but if i put P1Br3 would that be right aswell?

yeah you should
Reply 31
I think you might be right because they form coloured compounds :smile: I got that wrong I think because I put sodium as it was an insoluble carbonate but think I misread the question

Yeah I said transition metal too but loads of people saying it was calcium :s..
Original post by 456CJ
The isotope question I got 63.6

Same here.:biggrin:
Reply 33

Balancing equation I had 11 oxygen, 7 carbon dioxide and 8 for water. 3 marks guaranteed for sure.

I put 'B' for that option. Red is calcium so it must be B as an answer.

I think it went very well. A* will probably be like 52-53 marks. It was one of the easiest Chemistry paper and I am glad that Edexcel made a decent paper after Maths exams.
Reply 34
Original post by Haaa101
Yeah I said transition metal too but loads of people saying it was calcium :s..

It was defiently a transition metal
I put sodium but it may have been calcium actually.
How many marks was the transition metal question worth?

One wasnt it????
Original post by 456CJ
It was defiently a transition metal

Oops, got that wrong. How many marks was it worth? I'm still hoping to get 55+ but I think I might get around 52/53
Reply 38

Its definitely Calcium. I put calcium too and also looked up after the exam, so it is correct.
Reply 39
Original post by oni176
Balancing equation I had 11 oxygen, 7 carbon dioxide and 8 for water. 3 marks guaranteed for sure.

I put 'B' for that option. Red is calcium so it must be B as an answer.

I think it went very well. A* will probably be like 52-53 marks. It was one of the easiest Chemistry paper and I am glad that Edexcel made a decent paper after Maths exams.

Bro, Calcium glows red in a flame test, not when reacted with something else lol. Transition metals form colored compounds.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending