The Student Room Group

GCSE Edexcel C2 Additional Sci. - 9th June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by taylortron99
They did the same for the C1, but remember it does say on the front of the paper that they provide more space than you would actually need. for both questions, i used both pages, probably due to the size of my handwriting.

I was just shocked because all the past papers had only like 3/4 of a page.
Reply 61
Original post by kirsty123456
I misread the question then :frown: I thought they were telling us about the colour to throw us off

Its only 1 mark dw
Original post by 456CJ
Its only 1 mark dw

Yeah :smile: but that one mark could be the difference between an A and an A*!
I know I got the PBr question wrong as well :frown:
Original post by Lewismioc
What was the question for substance x? I remember putting A and then changing it to D.

Sorry I cant remeber the details of it:/ but it stated a substance and said that when mixed with substance x a red solid was formed (i think) and then asked where on the peridic table subsance x would most likely be found..
sorry I have a bad memory :s-smilie:
Reply 64
I dont know what Edexcel was thinking giving us two double pages to answer the 6 markers. I think they just wanted us to freak out, but they are wasting paper for sure. It obviously depends on your handwriting but why double pages? Anyway, they were very easy. Best paper for Chemistry.
Original post by ugaaa5
I put sodium but it may have been calcium actually.

I dont know. I put calcium but im not sure if its right. I think sodium is right. But isnt calcium red and sodium orange? The question wasnt clear enough it should of just said orange OR red not both.
Original post by oni176
I dont know what Edexcel was thinking giving us two double pages to answer the 6 markers. I think they just wanted us to freak out, but they are wasting paper for sure. It obviously depends on your handwriting but why double pages? Anyway, they were very easy. Best paper for Chemistry.

I filled up the two pages, it was necessary I think as there was so much to write because the question asked for quite a lot of things.
Reply 68
How many marks was this worth? I had no idea about the answer. Could someone explain to me how you were supposed to do it?

It was 3 marks in total.
First, you divide the massesof an elements by its mass number. You look for the smallest answer and divide both of the elements with the smallest value. The answers were 1 and 3 which means: PBr3
Reply 69
Did anyone else put a orange-brown liquid for the question about the displacement reaction
Original post by Katherines01
Sorry I cant remeber the details of it:/ but it stated a substance and said that when mixed with substance x a red solid was formed (i think) and then asked where on the peridic table subsance x would most likely be found..

I cant remember either... I thought it had something to do with chlorine?
Original post by oni176
It was 3 marks in total.
First, you divide the massesof an elements by its mass number. You look for the smallest answer and divide both of the elements with the smallest value. The answers were 1 and 3 which means: PBr3

Oh yes I got this question right! Sorry I was getting it confused with another one. What was the answer to the one where you had to write the second part of the balanced equation?
the balancnig equaion one was quite obscure.. I think it was 11 oxygen and I can remember a 7 and an 8 being in it but i cant remember the question im afraid..

for the red flame test question I put calcium
or if you mean the substance x question I put it as the transition metal? so option C but i was really unsure so probably wrong:/

11 7 and 8 is correct! i did the same, i think (i hope) it was C
thank you x
Original post by Lewismioc
I cant remember either... I thought it had something to do with chlorine?

I was an idiot and put sodium because I thought sodium chloride was insoluble :frown: now I know that's wrong and I have no idea why I put that
Original post by oni176

You've already established that you found the paper easy. Calm down. Nobody likes a show-off.
For the balancing equation i got 7.5, 7 and 8. Most people are sating its 11 instead of 7.5 but i checked it on the calculator and it was balanced, can it be different answers or only one? I probably made a mistake lol
Reply 76
Oh, I can't exactly remember but you just had to swap them around, like sodium chloride and something sulphate at the end. As it was a precipitation reaction, chloride one was solid and the sulphate one was aqueous I think?

Oh yes I got this question right! Sorry I was getting it confused with another one. What was the answer to the one where you had to write the second part of the balanced equation?
Reply 77
Original post by kayemma
For the balancing equation i got 7.5, 7 and 8. Most people are sating its 11 instead of 7.5 but i checked it on the calculator and it was balanced, can it be different answers or only one? I probably made a mistake lol

That is extremely wrong. You can't have decimal numbers when balancing equations.You can't have half an atom.
Original post by kayemma

You can't have .5 in a balanced equation :/ you might still get some marks for it though!

I put D as X as D was Rb what is rubidium and in spectroscopy it has the colour red and that is why it was the the name rubidium for ruby

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending