The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Physics 2P

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I didn't say anything, but a friend put it's not in the human audio range or something like that and makes ense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Was the last last question 0.667? The answer I mean

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
Original post by Ahmar0786

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 667 Hz
Reply 83
Original post by Usamajk
For the second last question where they asked why it cant be heard, will i get the marks if i put two answers and one of them was right

You should do. Most mark schemes are marked positively, so if the correct thing is in there they will give you the mark, however if the correct answer is in the wrong context you can be given 0.
for the 2A fuse, i put 'test the fuse by putting it in a plug', along with a series circuit with an ammeter connected and a variable resistor. then, adjust the variable resistor so that the current is less than 2 amps. then gradually decrease the resistance so that if it exceeds 2A and the fuse blows, then the label is correct.
Reply 85
I didn't say anything, but a friend put it's not in the human audio range or something like that and makes ense

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes human audio range is 20-20000 Hz, so 27000Hz cannot be heard
for the eye one i put the radioactive particles emitted from the glass can penetrate through the eye, causing the person to become ill from the radiation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i got 667 as well....

Posted from TSR Mobile

You had to convert 1.5 milliseconds into 0.0015 seconds

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone tell me the answer to the roll one and how friction causes the roll to be electrically charged?
Original post by Sorlenix
Can someone tell me the answer to the roll one and how friction causes the roll to be electrically charged?

I put about static electricity and how electrons is scraped off of one object onto the other

Posted from TSR Mobile

so when the tape is removed from the roll, electrons are transferred. this is because the tape scrapes electrons off from the roll, meaning the tape has a negative charge, and electrons stick to the tape.
The one for static electricity said an object not the tape so would I still get marks for explaining what happens but using a rod and cloth as an example?
Doesnt the force on Q increase since the train moves from P to Q
Original post by chackosheebu
Doesnt the force on Q increase since the train moves from P to Q

so the force decreases, as the perpendicular distance from the middle has been increased. since f1d1=f2d2 the force decreases.
Reply 95
Friction causes elctrons to be toro off one and transferred to another etc

Reply 96
No, said about why the tape went back to the roll or sometning

Original post by chazer154
so when the tape is removed from the roll, electrons are transferred. this is because the tape scrapes electrons off from the roll, meaning the tape has a negative charge, and electrons stick to the tape.
I really enjoyed this exam, it was definately my favourite :biggrin:
What did you guys write for the 2 instruments used to measure depth? I could only think of a meter stick lol
For the last question I divided 1.5 by 100 instead of 1000 so I got 66.7 instead of 667. How many marks will I lose for that question out of 2?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending