The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Worried about meeting Entry Requirements

Hi guys,
Reading is currently my firm, and they have offered me a place for Psychology with Professional Placement if I obtain ABBb (b in the Extended Project Qualification).
However, I'm beginning to worry whether I'll meet the ABB requirements - it's do-able, but I'm worried whether I'll fall by a grade. Are Reading lenient on their entry requirements?
Also, a while back I got the news that I obtained an A* in my Extended Project, so do you think this would be beneficial if I get, say, ABC or BBB?
Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1
Only Reading not the end of the world
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Most admissions are done on a case by case basis bc it also depends on stuff like your personal statement and how strong the other applicants are so you can't really be sure about anything but I'd say the A* does give you some bargaining power // advantage if you don't reach the grades or if you're close :smile: Good luck with your exams tho :h:
My entry requirement was ABB but I got a place with ACC, if they really want you they won't massively be bothered

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 10armstrongd
Hi guys,
Reading is currently my firm, and they have offered me a place for Psychology with Professional Placement if I obtain ABBb (b in the Extended Project Qualification).
However, I'm beginning to worry whether I'll meet the ABB requirements - it's do-able, but I'm worried whether I'll fall by a grade. Are Reading lenient on their entry requirements?
Also, a while back I got the news that I obtained an A* in my Extended Project, so do you think this would be beneficial if I get, say, ABC or BBB?
Thanks! :smile:

Hello!

Its great to hear that Reading is your firm. As for your results, try not to worry about them too much. Reading do accept people who have not met the required grades but this can depend on many factors such as the amount of people on the course, how far away you were from achieving the grades, personal statement etc. So unfortunately I cannot give you a straight answer but to affirm that some applicants are accepted without meeting the required grades!

I hope this has somewhat helped. Feel free to ask any more questions and good luck with your exams!
Pip, third year English Literature and History of Art :smile:
Hi, I'm writing to ask what Reading are like with people dropping a couple of grades below their offer? Basically, I really effed up my LA3 law exam today - I got an A at AS ( A A B B) worked out I probably got an E overall, so am likely to end up with a C I reckon - My offer was AAB for law - I've heard they often let people in with ABB. Realistically, I can see myself coming out with maybe BBB/BBC. Do I have any kind of chance? are they lenient with stuff like this?
Original post by EmilyandHarvey
Hi, I'm writing to ask what Reading are like with people dropping a couple of grades below their offer? Basically, I really effed up my LA3 law exam today - I got an A at AS ( A A B B) worked out I probably got an E overall, so am likely to end up with a C I reckon - My offer was AAB for law - I've heard they often let people in with ABB. Realistically, I can see myself coming out with maybe BBB/BBC. Do I have any kind of chance? are they lenient with stuff like this?
I'm in exactly the same position as you, I need to get AAB to study law at reading but I honestly think I'll get like BBB or BBC and I'm so worried

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending