The Student Room Group

How to ask for the pill!!

so i have a doctors appointment tomorrow to ask for the pill but im really nervous! i want to go on it to make my periods more regular since theyre pretty irregular just now.
however, i am going on a school holiday in two weeks and want something to stop my period while im there. Would the pill stop me getting it there or do i need something separate and go on the pill once im back?
also, my doctor is male so like how do i ask?
thanks!!! :smile:
Just explain that your periods are irregular and say that you would like to try the pill to try and solve this, I'm sure your doctor has been asked about the pill so many times and he definitely won't think anything of it. You might need to take a different pill in the meantime to delay your period such as norethisterone and then once you get back and have had a period you can start the other pill.
Original post by Anonymous
so i have a doctors appointment tomorrow to ask for the pill but im really nervous! i want to go on it to make my periods more regular since theyre pretty irregular just now.
however, i am going on a school holiday in two weeks and want something to stop my period while im there. Would the pill stop me getting it there or do i need something separate and go on the pill once im back?
also, my doctor is male so like how do i ask?
thanks!!! :smile:

Just tell them your periods are irregular. For me, they gave me options and I chose the pill.

If you only want to stop it for your holiday, specifically state that. There's a pill called Norethisterone which stops your period for 'occasions'. Two different doctors prescribed this to me. If your holiday is in two weeks you will need Norethisterone instead of the pill because you'd need to go through one cycle (4 weeks) before you could stop your period.

Tell the doctor you want to stop it while you're on holiday IN TWO WEEKS TIME, and then that you would like to go on the pill as a more permanent solution (if you still want to be on the pill afterwards).

Quick Reply

Latest