The Student Room Group

What do people think of female rugby players?

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1
They shouldn't play it. It's a men's sport. That doesn't mean they're not equal it just means they're different and rugby's not the right sport for them. Nowadays women being equal seems to mean that they do exactly the same things as men, which isn't right. Men and women are equal but most importantly they are also DIFFERENT.

Posted from TSR Mobile
makes them seem manly i guess
I'm 19 and I've been playing rugby since November. I had some misconceptions before I started playing due to stereotypes but was encouraged to play by my curriculum manager who thought I'd be good at it. I fell in love with the sport. If you want to play, then play. Most people don't care and you shouldn't worry about people's opinions.
Original post by 10001
They shouldn't play it. It's a men's sport. That doesn't mean they're not equal it just means they're different and rugby's not the right sport for them. Nowadays women being equal seems to mean that they do exactly the same things as men, which isn't right. Men and women are equal but most importantly they are also DIFFERENT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why isn't rugby the right sport for them? Because its contact?
Original post by 10001

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just because women may never play in the same way as men doesn't mean they should be banned from playing any form of it at all.
I personally am not up for breaking my neck but many of my female friends love it and the part they love the most is the roughness of it. Tag rugby is liked much...
They are cool humans and i have a lot of admiration towards them because i would love to be able to do what they do. Screw misconceptions about it being a manly sport. Some women play a sport better than a lot of men, just look at the women's World Cup, a lot more interesting that the men's and there isn't diving every two seconds. Also Did you see that girl who carried on playing rugby with a broken nose? tough gal.
I wish I could play but due to medical complications I can't but that's not to stop me watching it on TV or on sidelines..that goes for women's and men's rugby!! Broke her nose..and still played? Wow brave and strong lady!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I play, and the majority of people I've met have found it cool! I quit hockey and picked up rugby and it's been the best decision ever- I'm so much fitter now 😂 (and NOT in the manly way):wink:
Original post by EmmaBurton
Probably dykes tbh. Or uglies.

Give it up, lose some weight, get a wax, try beach volleyball and you might start appealing to the guys :wink:.

And you, my friend, will forever be someone's object and never your own person.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by AIRF07

If they are as attractive as you, then fine! :redface:
England's women's rugby team are the World Cup champions.

It remains to be seen if the men can match that, but I'm not exactly hopeful.

Quick Reply

Latest