The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA Maths Unit 3 8th June 2015

Hello everyone, how did you find the maths paper today?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by julesaquilina
Hello everyone, how did you find the maths paper today?

A lot harder than expected!! 😓 and you?
Easier than the first I thought. You?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Pretty tough.

Skips :smile:
So hard!!
Reply 5
I didn't find it too bad, I almost messed up the girder question by forgetting that 100cm^2 / 100 is not 1m^2 but I corrected that when I realised.
Edexcel have just contacted me to request that no answers to the Edexcel GCSE maths calculator exam on 8th June 2015 are posted on the day of the exam. This is because they have candidates in other countries in different time zones who will start their exam later than UK candidates.

Obviously I will not post any answers on Monday and would urge everyone else not to discuss this exam online tomorrow at all. It is in your interest to do as they ask because, if other students have access to answers before they go into the exam, they could perform better than expected and this could leave Edexcel with the impression that the examination is easier than it actually is.

MR M'S MATHS

Reply 7
Original post by CplSkippy
Edexcel have just contacted me to request that no answers to the Edexcel GCSE maths calculator exam on 8th June 2015 are posted on the day of the exam. This is because they have candidates in other countries in different time zones who will start their exam later than UK candidates.

Obviously I will not post any answers on Monday and would urge everyone else not to discuss this exam online tomorrow at all. It is in your interest to do as they ask because, if other students have access to answers before they go into the exam, they could perform better than expected and this could leave Edexcel with the impression that the examination is easier than it actually is.

MR M'S MATHS

This is AQA though?
What did you all get for the ratio of the spheres?
for the ratio of the spheres i got 16:27 and for the girder question i got something like 33.022 tonnes
Original post by Dave1999
I didn't find it too bad, I almost messed up the girder question by forgetting that 100cm^2 / 100 is not 1m^2 but I corrected that when I realised.

Yes i missed that detail as well.... second time round i converted everything to metres before multiplying everything haha
for the ratio of the spheres i got 16:27 and for the girder question i got something like 33.022 tonnes

Yep I got the same
with the vector question, i managed to get the vectors to factorise, is that what was supposed to be done? i got something like 1/2 (1/3a-1/6b) and -1/3a-1/6b

I got that for the spheres too!
with the vector question, i managed to get the vectors to factorise, is that what was supposed to be done? i got something like 1/2 (1/3a-1/6b) and -1/3a-1/6b

I'm not sure really, that question was, in my opinion, one of the more difficult ones. I first worked out P->N and then N->M and then added them together to get P->N->M and then it ended up as P->M which was something like a + 0.5b (same as previous question) so I just wrote since they're both multiples of a and b which are straight lines the resultant vector is also straight.
without the - before the 1/3, dunno where that came from
yes i did exactly that, it was a very difficult question

Not sure what you mean? I did have some 1/3rds in the calculation but they factorised out after adding the P->N and N->M

What did you get for the one about the area of the triangle is 45, whats x or something?
Original post by lilyjacks
What did you get for the one about the area of the triangle is 45, whats x or something?

It was 3.5 I think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending