The Student Room Group

Guys how much makeup do you prefer on girls?

I'm curious - literally zero makeup, natural looking makeup or heavy makeup (not TOWIE style but stuff like full foundation and so on)?

Scroll to see replies

None if possible
Reply 2
First and foremost: what she is comfortable with.

From a purely superficial perspective: either none of just accenting (as opposed to transformative) make-up.
Most will say none to very little. There are very few guys on here that actually don't mind a girl wearing make up, it's generally seen as "deceiving".

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Changing Skies
Most will say none to very little. There are very few guys on here that actually don't mind a girl wearing make up, it's generally seen as "deceiving".

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's interesting, wonder if its true outside TSR though :tongue:

If guys actually post pics of women they find attractive, though, they're usually wearing a ton of makeup (even if "natural looking") :dontknow:
Reply 5
As long as you cant see the texture of it..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by nicatre
First and foremost: what she is comfortable with.

From a purely superficial perspective: either none of just accenting (as opposed to transformative) make-up.

Yeah I'm not changing (I usually wear none) was just curious :tongue:

As far as I've seen most guys tend to seem to prefer natural looking but heavy makeup?
Original post by Anonymous

If guys actually post pics of women they find attractive, though, they're usually wearing a ton of makeup (even if "natural looking") :dontknow:

It definitely seems more prominent on here, but who knows :tongue:

That's exactly what frustrates me most about the whole thing! :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
Original post by Changing Skies
It definitely seems more prominent on here, but who knows :tongue:

That's exactly what frustrates me most about the whole thing! :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think geeky/nerdy guys tend to want to seem less superficial sometimes :tongue:

Yeah I know :lol: I don't think guys are very good at recognising non obvious makeup sometimes lol, esp seeing as not many girls go without it.
It's annoying when their makeup rubs off on you lmao. Like whats the point in it.
Original post by ChickenMadness
It's annoying when their makeup rubs off on you lmao. Like whats the point in it.

I find that aspect of makeup pretty gross too, wearing a foundation for instance feels like paint to me even if it's light :eek:

If guys actually post pics of women they find attractive, though, they're usually wearing a ton of makeup (even if "natural looking":wink: :dontknow:

That's actually true. A lot of guys don't seem to realise when a girl is actually wearing foundation/tinted moisturizer, mascara, etc. If it's very natural-looking and subtle, a lot of them will just think she's wearing no makeup and assume that this is what most girls look like without makeup. Until that makeup comes off and the skin's suddenly more uneven, and there's no concealer to hide the blemishes and undereye circles, and the eyes are no longer as defined... etc.
Subtlety is key. Just don't trowel it on; you're not laying a course of breezeblocks.
Original post by ChickenMadness

no, what's annoying is when you want to buy a white top/dress and someone has tried it on and got orange foundation/fake tan all round the neck line :puke:
Original post by godivaontherocks
That's actually true. A lot of guys don't seem to realise when a girl is actually wearing foundation/tinted moisturizer, mascara, etc. If it's very natural-looking and subtle, a lot of them will just think she's wearing no makeup and assume that this is what most girls look like without makeup. Until that makeup comes off and the skin's suddenly more uneven, and there's no concealer to hide the blemishes and undereye circles, and the eyes are no longer as defined... etc.

Yep, if you look at all the Youtube videos for the "no makeup look," they often use sooo many products, but at the end even I can't tell what they have on lol! :redface:

Mad Vlad
Subtlety is key. Just don't trowel it on; you're not laying a course of breezeblocks.

Do you prefer girls with the natural look or no make-up? :smile:
Original post by amylouisenic
no, what's annoying is when you want to buy a white top/dress and someone has tried it on and got orange foundation/fake tan all round the neck line :puke:

OMG I've felt that pain. This happens even when you attempt to avoid all sale items. It makes me wonder exactly how much makeup these women wear to wind up getting so much of it on the clothes.
Original post by godivaontherocks
OMG I've felt that pain. This happens even when you attempt to avoid all sale items. It makes me wonder exactly how much makeup these women wear to wind up getting so much of it on the clothes.

It's so frustrating! I never really buy sale items tbh, and I always find it a problem when shopping full price! Haha exactly, they must lather it on.
They should check the clothes before letting people hand them back to them when they leave the fitting room. They must lose so much money because of it!
I'm curious - literally zero makeup, natural looking makeup or heavy makeup (not TOWIE style but stuff like full foundation and so on)?

I prefer literally zero makeup as you put it.

I strongly dislike the appearance of makeup, it's completely unnecessary. In fact, I hate it completely. I prefer to admire female beauty in its natural state.
Original post by amylouisenic
It's so frustrating! I never really buy sale items tbh, and I always find it a problem when shopping full price! Haha exactly, they must lather it on.
They should check the clothes before letting people hand them back to them when they leave the fitting room. They must lose so much money because of it!

Exactly, I've found myself wondering the same thing! Why on earth do they not check the clothes after people try them on? It would make sense. H&M and Topshop seem to have that problem a lot at the moment.
Preferably none but if it makes her look a bit more attractive & she's comfortable with it then I don't mind a bit of makeup.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending