The Student Room Group

Advice

So there's a girl I like that I've been talking to..I originally spoke to her irl and then started messaging her-I saw her in the shop the other day as she works there, and I said hi, and she turned around and faced me and said Hi back and was smiling when she saw me, now here's the thing, I walked off because I felt so nervous and I didn't want her to be able to tell, so from memory I'm not sure if I walked off before she turned around-though I think I did. I should've started a conversation but she was working as well. Now would you consider it weird if I went back next week the same time and spoke to her again ? and should I buy her flowers-if yes to this then should I ask what time she finishes because I want to give her something and then give it to her, and what colour should I buy, like could I get away with buying blue flowers and then saying because they match your eyes or something like that ? because honestly I feel this could be considered a bit weird but maybe I'm overthinking things ? girls advice preferred. -edit, I don't know her that well, we've only spoken twice irl and the second time was obviously really short, but I felt like she was happy to see me, or at least appeared that way.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wouldn't consider it weird if you went back next week to speak to her as you can just pretend you're buying something from the shop and make it look like a chance encounter and get to speak to her that way. But I think buying her flowers might be a bit over the top. If you haven't spoken that much before you might come off a little too strongly. It's a nice gesture but maybe once you get to know her more in real life otherwise your enthusiasm might scare her off a bit. I guess it depends how long you've been speaking though
Reply 2
don't buy her flowers if you've only seen her twice!

Next time you're in the shop try and strike up a casual conversation. Depending on how well that goes (whether she seems like she's interested in speaking to you or if she wants to run away), ask her if she'd fancy going for a drink/coffee after work sometime.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
Don't buy her flowers yet, show her you're confident because us girls love strong and confident men, ask her to go for a drink somewhere or coffee on her break, anything small, don't be lovey dovey yet because it may push her away. You need to make some effort but not in a way as if you're her boyfriend, make effort just like a friend will do. Then slowly, it will lead to more.
There's a problem in the sense I live in a rural village, so there is no where to get coffee lol, how about asking to walk her home or just meet after she finishes, or any idea's as to what else I can ask.
Yeah she seemed to like how I just spoke to her in real life, although I did feel nervous then as well. Maybe that's why she was so happy to see my i don't know, I mean when I see her I say hello(unless she's too far away for example. She's starting uni in september so I don't have much time, since I'm a year younger.
Reply 5
Original post by Conservationofmass
There's a problem in the sense I live in a rural village, so there is no where to get coffee lol, how about asking to walk her home or just meet after she finishes, or any idea's as to what else I can ask.
Yeah she seemed to like how I just spoke to her in real life, although I did feel nervous then as well. Maybe that's why she was so happy to see my i don't know, I mean when I see her I say hello(unless she's too far away for example. She's starting uni in september so I don't have much time, since I'm a year younger.

Yeah just ask her to go on a walk together after work.

Don't buy her flowers - save that until you're in a relationship.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending